• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else's body act like a barometer? Only a week ago it was 24celcius average. Now, it's only 4celcius. I can sure feel it in my bones. Been so sore I can barely move. Hate the extreme temperature changes. Almost freezing at night and above 20 during the day.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You confuse me with that Celcius stuff. :biggrin: It has been in the 80"s for the past week, but starting today the temp will be dropping and a frost is predicted for this weekend, which is good. Maybe that will kill some of the skeeters.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. You guys confuse me with that farrenheight stuff. I grew up where freezing point is 0. 25 is about perfect and anything above that is hot. So we go from just above freezing point only 3 hours ago to where I just put on shorts.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have to convert degrees Celcius to something I can understand too. I guess that I'm just old but I get confused when I'm around our kids and grandkids and they are talking about °C and meters.

It's almost the end of September and the temperature is still running in the mid 90s. That's at least a full 10° above average. It's made the past few weeks miserable when working outside. In fact, the whole summer has been miserable. There is hope though. According to the 10-day forecast it's supposed to start cooling down into the 80s by the end of the month.

To answer your question, I don't like the cold any better than I like the heat. Cold weather stiffens up my back and knees and then I really do waddle around like an old man.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Lmao. You guys confuse me with that farrenheight stuff. I grew up where freezing point is 0. 25 is about perfect and anything above that is hot. So we go from just above freezing point only 3 hours ago to where I just put on shorts.

:yum::yum: The only country to put a man on the moon is the only country to say 80 degrees is a nice day. You guys make it sound like it is cold all the time. Must be a hockey thing. :biggrin:

Actually come to think of it, I'm surprised our sock monkey president didn't issue an Emporer's order to go to the metric system. He always wants to be like the rest of the world, What better way.

Just ragging on you my friend.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to Canada. Where you have to where long pants and a sweater in the morning and have the furnace running. By mid morning you can turn off the furnace and fire up the ac. And also trade in the pants and sweater for shorts and a tshirt. By supper it back to the pants and sweater and off with the ac and on with the furnace.

True story. Lmao

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Weather doesn't seem to bother me. I have parts of me that hurt about the same all the year.
mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like this kind of weather change.
It's supposed to stay like this into the first week of November!

:smile:

zlf87n.jpg
2eping4.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. We've had nice weather as well. Heck. Last weekend I was in shorts. Looking ahead though average daytime temp is slated for below 10c with -2c at night. Out in Saskatchewan they just got 40cm of snow.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I like this kind of weather change.
It's supposed to stay like this into the first week of November!

:smile:

zlf87n.jpg
2eping4.jpg

I'd like that too. At the end of September it cooled off the 80° but it has started to creep back up again. It's supposed to be 89° today and it already feels like it. Gotta mow this afternoon.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with PG and gets her weather about 2 hours after it hits her place.

The bad part is the dew comes in so fast you need to have your mowing done by about 4:30 PM or it's too wet.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just to get everyone in the spirit. This was taken in Manitoba yesterday.

d2f1cc46b6193be26c9f3c0828e5e63b.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hudson bay end. It's getting close though. It's supposed to warm up next week though.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had average temperatures of only +7c during the day with -3c at night. Accompanied by a cold rain on and off and wind. We burnt a total of 18 pallets and 2 cords of wood trying to keep warm at camp around the fire. Yesterday temps were back up over 20c so almost shorts weather again. The result? Every inch of movement I make results in burning pain in my spine. Which is accompanied shortly after by cramping legs and burning feet. It took me 10 minutes just getting out of bed this morning.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had been doing good lately at sleeping in bed the whole night. Last night however I lasted 10 minutes before the built in barometer went off. Here's why.....
40df7c0c5c705cb380e03037a138c49a.jpg

I awoke at 4:30am to the sound of pouring rain.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lovely. Guess it was bound to happen. Just two days ago it was almost shorts weather.

2705a7ee0dcacce9423f7c6f389ae522.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd rather deal with a little cold and snow vs hurricanes tornadoes floods and earthquakes. Never get any of those up here. Maybe the odd mini twister but that's it

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. Nothing on the ground yet but by the looks of these two warnings what I'm taking from that is that we are supposed to get 20-35cm by tonight with an additional 15-30cm overnight.

This is just lovely as we booked a room for 2 nights down in Duluth MN that's not refundable. Which means that we'll be driving right through the storm. Ugh

ce799aac57aad4c6a0090f0d5b44410c.jpg
bc95cf30658ea065a2ad6522bcc5b0d5.jpg
7c7bed465b4f0b6593d1580baec95bfe.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the great white north will be white once again. The difference in you guys getting that much snow and southern states getting it is you have the equipment to take care of it without to much trouble. You know you are going to get it. Overall that is a good thing for sure. Enjoy your get away.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Yes. Even compared to southern Ontario. They get 2" of snow and have to call in the national Guard. We get a foot of snow and it's "hold my beer and watch this" Lmao.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You know you can keep that stuff up there, right Brian? lol

This is the expected weather change here.

Attachments

• wx.jpg
    wx.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 217

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You know you can keep that stuff up there, right Brian? lol

This is the expected weather change here.

That's about what we'll get here but not so severe. The front blew through here this morning. It was wild and woolly for a little while. We've been almost 80° during the day and in the 50s in the morning. After the front it's supposed to drop below 60° and be in the mid 30s in the morning. I can handle that.