• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to camp yesterday evening with the oldest boy and a friend of his. Went canoeing and kayaking this morning. Had plans to go visit the old ghost town nearby but black clouds rolled in causing a hasty pack up. The area was under a severe thunderstorm watch. Loaded up the kayaks and our old canoe to bring to town.

We're taking the scouts kayaking on monday.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting back to working on the house again tonight. Tomorrow we will be hanging the last of the drywall in the bedroom ceiling.

I'm not taping it now. Instead we are proceeding to the back porch sunroom extension. Once I drywall all of that new construction, I will hire a contractor to tape and mud.

I am proceeding with mudding paint in the Half-bath. ( I hate taping , mud and paint.) But I'll do a small room.

Once we gat the addition permitted and approved, the Half-Bath gets a big 8' X 6' shower tub room. But that is this fall. And I need to pee at night NOW!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a scorcher outside already.
High today is to be 102° with the heat index.

Ty never grilled last night because it took him all day to mow the 4 acres, then weed.
He's got a horrible sunburn.
I told him now he IS a true redneck :yum:
Today he's going to put a pork butt, or loin in to cook long and low.

Ali is holed up in the bedroom.
Today she is able to move around better.
The kids were good last night, but Elaina had me up during the night fussing.
Can't wait til she gets her molars and stops teething.
I'm surviving all the excitement.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our youngest son's first communion this morning. Struggled through the service and luncheon afterwards. Came home and have been laying down in bed in severe pain ever since. Being in chronic pain sucks. 24 hours a day 7 days a week I'm battling some form of pain. [emoji29]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So since Ty has today off and is grilling, he just said Mom, I believe I'm gonna run to the store for some beer.
Beer???!!!
I haven't had anything remotely alcohol since Thanksgiving!
#Lolliegonnagetherbeeron.
:yum:

Just 2.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up sore with kidney pain, skipped Church again, pretty much did nothing for most of the morning. Went out for a Father's Day brunch with Melen & the lovely Mrs_Bob to the closets restaurant near out house ... I should have just stayed home. I was miserable and sore. Came home and immediately went to bed. Moved to an easy chair now. In between I did sit outside and practiced the ukulele for a little while but its 94 and humid so that didn't last long.

Melen just left to return to Chicago. Overall it was a nice enough day. Not exciting, but i"m healing and that is good.

Going to the urologist tomorrow at 11:30 to have the last bladder stent removed, hoping that eliminates the pain.

On the bright side I've been pain pill free since Thursday morning.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Towed our boat to the repair shop ...again. This is the 2nd time so far this season. My fault. I misdiagnosed an alarm for the gear lube alarm. System checked all okay. Last weekend alarm goes off again. Disconnected the gear lube alarm. Alarm stopped. But later alarm goes off again. Shut down, check stuff out. Start up and no alarm. :confused: Then I notice the temp gauge is slightly higher than normal. Keep a close eye on that and when alarm goes off the temp is up. Guessing sea water pump picked up trash from the river and damaged one of the blades. Can run for a while with no alarm but eventually alarm will go off. I'm hoping replacing the sea water impeller will fix things. Fingers crossed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Kiwi loves the pond.
He's the colour of ashes.

The others are almost all white now.

20180617_183038.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After spending half the day in bed because of medication withdrawals I was up in pain every 2 hours last night. So after getting 7 kids off to school my first appointment is at 10am. Then 12:30. Then 3. Hopefully I feel better by tonight. We're taking the scouts kayaking.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
After spending half the day in bed because of medication withdrawals I was up in pain every 2 hours last night. So after getting 7 kids off to school my first appointment is at 10am. Then 12:30. Then 3. Hopefully I feel better by tonight. We're taking the scouts kayaking.

Stay strong friend. Many here are pulling for you to reach that crest of the mountain. :thumbup:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I go to the doctor today to have a stent removed from my right kidney/bladder. It will apparently be slipped out of the end of my (delicate male area) :unsure:

I hope the doctor buys me a few drinks first :eatdrink:

Pretty sure I don't want to be alert/coherent/awake during this procedure. I was told there will be no anesthesia. Self medicating in advance seems appropriate.

Wow I hope you have a better day.

My worst nights after kidney issues don't sound as bad as your night.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, you may get put out briefly, only you won't remember a thing.
Like I did with the several endoscopy procedures.

Well, the cistern was blocked or full last night.
Ali used downstairs toilet, the washer was in spin cycle at the time, toilet overflowed all over the place.
Ty goes outside to remove the lid, stuff floating at the top, it was full.
Mess cleaned up, waiting for plumbing company to come right now.
It's been fun!

Never did get to drink a beer.
Ali is using her phone as a call light system.
She texts me or calls the freaking phone when she needs something.
This ain't a 20 room mansion.
Just give me a shout from the bedroom.
:hammer::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not to scare you Bob. But when I had my stent removed, it was the most horrifying experience I've ever encountered.

Picture this. You go into an exam room. The doctor(Pakistani with the same personality as my left nut) comes in with a female nurse for assistance. They leave the door to the room wide open. Have you pull your pants down. Grab your manhood and insert a needle into the tip for freezing. Grab a long tool that resembles a metal brake line with tweezers on the end. Insert it into your manhood and thrust in and out fishing around for the stent. Once they grab the stent they pull everything out while you're laying there picturing that scene from aliens where the guy is laying on the table and an alien pops out of his stomach. So they pull a foot of the tool at first followed by about 2 feet of stent out of your manhood. And when you tense up the doc tells you that if you don't relax he won't be able to haul it out. After its out he wont let you get up and head to the bathroom even though its the worst urge to go for a piss you've ever experienced.

That was my experience anyways. Good luck.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Bob and you too Brian.
Heal quick!

Thank God the problem has been taken care of.
Those guys actually found an inner tube and some boards down there deep.
Wtf???
Prior owners must have been idiots!

Attachments

• 20180618_104436-614x432.jpg
    20180618_104436-614x432.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180618_104927-614x311.jpg
    20180618_104927-614x311.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 35

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not to scare you Bob. But when I had my stent removed, it was the most horrifying experience I've ever encountered.

Picture this. You go into an exam room. The doctor(Pakistani with the same personality as my left nut) comes in with a female nurse for assistance. They leave the door to the room wide open. Have you pull your pants down. Grab your manhood and insert a needle into the tip for freezing. Grab a long tool that resembles a metal brake line with tweezers on the end. Insert it into your manhood and thrust in and out fishing around for the stent. Once they grab the stent they pull everything out while you're laying there picturing that scene from aliens where the guy is laying on the table and an alien pops out of his stomach. So they pull a foot of the tool at first followed by about 2 feet of stent out of your manhood. And when you tense up the doc tells you that if you don't relax he won't be able to haul it out. After its out he wont let you get up and head to the bathroom even though its the worst urge to go for a piss you've ever experienced.

That was my experience anyways. Good luck.

Well I have a pull string attached to my stent, which dangles out the tip so he can just pull it out :thumbup:

And my doctor is actually a nice guy and I've never been in any exam room in the US where the door was left open, ever. We don't do that here.

Now all that said, I'm still expecting this to be a horrific experience :smileywac

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pumped out 500 gallons, according to receipt.

I need to stop using this thread as my daily diary.
That's why I'm on Farcebook.
:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy to report it is over. No needles no pain no implements inserted into orifices that are not designed for anything to be inserted. Literally took two seconds, I might be exaggerating, it might’ve only taken one second. I didn’t even know it was happening until he already removed it and I looked down and it was over.

Not that I want it again, but it was nothing. And I’m a wimp about this stuff.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Will Kiwi change to white or will he stay the way he is now?

Kiwi is a khaki Campbell.
He's supposed to look like this when he's full grown.
I'm calling him he, but may be a she.
Just as Ty thinks Pekin boy is a she because of the sound of her quack and the way the tail feathers are turning up??

download.jpeg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy to report it is over. No needles no pain no implements inserted into orifices that are not designed for anything to be inserted. Literally took two seconds, I might be exaggerating, it might’ve only taken one second. I didn’t even know it was happening until he already removed it and I looked down and it was over.

Not that I want it again, but it was nothing. And I’m a wimp about this stuff.
So the dr didn't say "Don't worry about it. It's just a little prick. You won't feel a thing."?[emoji23]

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Going for a walk today. Week 5 of rehab is coming along nicely. Pain ever so slightly is decreasing. My last walk was more painful then the one before, so that was a set back. We'll see how things go today.

At least it is cooler today.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove to the border to pick up a load of illegals......er....packages. yep. Packages. That's what I picked up. Lol. (I could probably get rich sneaking illegals running from trump) [emoji23]

One quick appointment this afternoon. I managed to get everything in order including a pre op physical for tomorrow's surgery. Kind of short notice. Only 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.