• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trip to Havana?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just was asked to go to Havana for a week next February.

It would be a tobacco trade relations junket. I'd be a guest, not a negotiator, so I'd go along for the ride. They apparently have a tobacco festival in February, the trip would include some tours of some of the bigger cigar factories, tobacco plantations, etc.

Not sure I want my tourist money going to support a communist dictator but I sure would like to see Cuba. This is the 2nd time I've been asked to go on one of these trips to Havana. I turned down the first trip.

Seriously mixed thoughts.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just was asked to go to Havana for a week next February.

It would be a tobacco trade relations junket. I'd be a guest, not a negotiator, so I'd go along for the ride. They apparently have a tobacco festival in February, the trip would include some tours of some of the bigger cigar factories, tobacco plantations, etc.

Not sure I want my tourist money going to support a communist dictator but I sure would like to see Cuba. This is the 2nd time I've been asked to go on one of these trips to Havana. I turned down the first trip.

Seriously mixed thoughts.

Watch out for those Sonic Weapons. The Cubes seem to like frying the brains of people they do not like.