• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Staying in town tonight as our oldest son is at a sleepover. I pick him up in the morning then head out to our local dirt track for the annual one off races. Sad that a city of 115000 people can't support a local dirt track for more than a once a year event

Instead of an oval how about a drag race?

Attachments

• 162A12EA-2E08-401A-81AE-595D8AB48717.jpeg
    162A12EA-2E08-401A-81AE-595D8AB48717.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 65

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I walk around barefoot a lot, but that's because I'm a high class redneck.
:yum:

Method to my madness:

Since I had my leg smashed up in a traffic accident the left is shorter (by about half an inch), than the right. So I can either wear built up shoes (which I don't like to do just around the house), or not wear them (and risk eventually damaging my left hip).

Solution: I found that if I wear just one of those slippers - easy to put on and wear - it raises that leg up around half an inch.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Method to my madness:

Since I had my leg smashed up in a traffic accident the left is shorter (by about half an inch), than the right. So I can either wear built up shoes (which I don't like to do just around the house), or not wear them (and risk eventually damaging my left hip).

Solution: I found that if I wear just one of those slippers - easy to put on and wear - it raises that leg up around half an inch.
I have the same problem. After I broke my femur when I was 5, my right leg has been close to 3/4 inch shorter than my left. I have a lift in my shoe to compensate.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning !
Today is start filling the wood racks on the porch ,and wood shed day ...
To keep the spirit of honesty alive ,and well ... this task may be interrupt ,or even postponed due to an overriding commitment to monitor college football .
The End .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gonna take a walk this afternoon all the way down to the park by the river.
Laundry, which never ends..
Not much really.

emceeghee

Banned
Method to my madness:

Bless your heart! I’m an RN. I know that an asymmetrical gait can cause lots of spinal pain! U really should wear your built up shoe as much as u can. -
But if u don’t have too much or any spinal pain then at least that one lucky thing.!!! :wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Grouted the floor tile in the new bathroom last night. Doing Subway tile base cove moldings this morning.

Final sanding of the drywall today on the outside of the bathroom. Some paint touch ups and on Sunday we can hopefully set the new toilet and sink vanity.

DONE!

Well at least this part for now.

Next project is to connect the living room floor to the bedroom. 13' X 10'.

Basic carpentry but there is HVAC to run and some electrical.

T&G oak to match the old floor in the living room and then the bedroom gets Hickory. At the rate these old bones move, done by next spring.

Maybe.:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Reporting live! from the laundry room.
George the annoying just popped his head in and gave me a Blue Bunny Neapolitan ice cream sandwich.
:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we are going to buy another motorcycle today. Lovely Mrs_Bob asked when (not ‘if’) we were leaving. So we are getting ready to head over to the dealer shortly.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Grouted the floor tile in the new bathroom last night. Doing Subway tile base cove moldings this morning.

Final sanding of the drywall today on the outside of the bathroom. Some paint touch ups and on Sunday we can hopefully set the new toilet and sink vanity.

DONE!

Well at least this part for now.

Next project is to connect the living room floor to the bedroom. 13' X 10'.

Basic carpentry but there is HVAC to run and some electrical.

T&G oak to match the old floor in the living room and then the bedroom gets Hickory. At the rate these old bones move, done by next spring.

Maybe.:unsure:

Photos in the home improvement area of the forums???

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we are going to buy another motorcycle today. Lovely Mrs_Bob asked when (not ‘if’) we were leaving. So we are getting ready to head over to the dealer shortly.

Same model as the one you bought last week?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aimee went to a friend's birthday party.
Don't think she's going to come back til late.
I went shopping again, mostly out of boredom lol
I got another app on the phone for movies and entertainment.
tubi.
We don't have a television.
Doesn't bother me a bit.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Same model as the one you bought last week?

Sort of. It is the updated model. 2016 and 2017 model years are mechanically identical, colors are different. For 2018 they did a couple minor upgrades. LED lights, traction control, multi-color dash lights & upped the engine to a 750. Mirrors are a slightly different shape, not sure I'd call that an upgrade. Body work, seats,etc are all interchangeable.

We came home with a 2018. Other than color it looks identical to our 2016 from about 10' away. Turn on the lights and you clearly notice those are different. Traction control is just a button. The engine externally looks the same, they bored out the cylinders to make it a 750 so its internal changes.

The 2018 is candy apple red. The 2016 is silver.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.50.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.50.02 PM.png
    925.6 KB · Views: 65

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sort of. It is the updated model. 2016 and 2017 model years are mechanically identical, colors are different. For 2018 they did a couple minor upgrades. LED lights, traction control, multi-color dash lights & upped the engine to a 750. Mirrors are a slightly different shape, not sure I'd call that an upgrade. Body work, seats,etc are all interchangeable.

We came home with a 2018. Other than color it looks identical to our 2016 from about 10' away. Turn on the lights and you clearly notice those are different. Traction control is just a button. The engine externally looks the same, they bored out the cylinders to make it a 750 so its internal changes.

The 2018 is candy apple red. The 2016 is silver.

Like the red! :thumb:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Today is finish stocking the wood shed day . Woulda finished it yesterday ,but it seems as if a gang of really disageeable yellow jackets have claimed possesion of one of my woodstacks as their turf . So, after introducing the little bastards to the effectiveness of an insect fogger ,I decided to watch college football . Went and wasp sprayed and fogged them again just a bit ago while they were all still at home . They have assumed vey rigid poses ...Winning !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm having coffee, Aimee is still sleeping off last night (I'm told there was wine flowing like a river :yum:).
Once she rouses, I'll make us a nice brunch.
It was very foggy this morning too.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not foggy here, but it's going to be cloudy and warm.
Cannot wait until next week!
The autumn breezes are going to start blowing.
From the look at the extended forecast it'll be here to stay.
My favourite time of year.

Today I'm not doing a whole lot.
I am going to try my hand at making a Dutch Baby for dessert this evening.
I cook up a storm and never made one before.

I am on the schedule to work tomorrow 6am.

Status
Not open for further replies.