• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my pal is taking us to see my dear other pal, crissy, we're getting a wholey's diiner on our way; i figure crissy & myself could split 1, as their sammiches could feed a family; then we're attending an appointment to get my tresses into shape-- i'm gonna kinda shave my 1 side into shape & also have 'em sugar my brows-- not that females have brows that get unruly-- it's a pre-caution--
i swear-- kinda

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked my 2-10p today.
Just barely missed a huge rain storm around 1:30 when I got there.

Watched some of the Barcelona coverage on my breaks and while at the desk.
Pizza Hut for dinner.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lemme see...
Nothing much!
Just puttered around enjoying the day, did a whole lot of internuttin.'

Talked on the phone to my son Ty.. big news, they're breaking ground for a Shoney's in Defiance, so he's thrilled lol

I made a quicky homemade pizza for dinner, ham/sweet potato/spinach- base was alfredo sauce on a Pillsbury ready made crust.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
As happens far to often my anti-seizure pills through off my sleep cycle. As soon as my day dose kicked in all I wanted to do is sleep. I usually sleep for around 3 hours. Then I took them at night and they knocked me out for about 3 hours then I woke up and wasn't tired enough to sleep so got up around 3 am.
Maybe if I get something to eat I can take a morning nap.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i went 2 my bar, then my meower, he decides that he is gonna get into my garbage can-- he then got a bath-- his Mommy (me) despises garbage germs--

TY Lord that my tig has not got claws~~

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last day with my sister, taking her and my nephew to the airport this afternoon. Probably not doing too much during the early part of the day. Been very active with visiting relatives, entertaining my nephew, etc for the week and a half. They need to finish packing. The lovely Mrs_Bob is teaching school today so we will stop there on our way to the airport to say 'goodbyes' then head to the airport where I will spend much of the afternoon & evening driving to & from the airport in traffic during Chicago's 'rush hour' which seems to run for about 4 hours :mellow:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have today off so I can do some more things family related :wink:

Looks like we have a 50/50 chance of viewing anything "eclipse"- the weather is the deciding factor here.

Dinner out with my eldest son and granddaughter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dinner at Texas Roadhouse with them.

:smile:

Attachments

• K&J.jpg
    K&J.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 37

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Survived Marineland with 5 kids today. Tomorrow we may be tempting safari Niagara with 7 kids. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Survived Marineland with 5 kids today. Tomorrow we may be tempting safari Niagara with 7 kids. Wish me luck.

Change of plans. No point wasting money going to a safari when it's going to rain. Instead we're going to take a much needed day of relaxation and maybe just pack a picnic lunch and go check out the falls.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hot and muggy today. Still waiting on new drive cable for the LawnBoy walk behind mower, but still can mow most of the lawn with the tractor.

Have a great day all!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
BIG change in the weather coming!
70s and 50s yay!
Lots of sunshine too.

Nothing new to report from here other than I got rid of the cat.
Not to sound cruel or anything, but I just got tired of the constant cat pan cleaning, his tearing up the house at night and knocking things over.

He went back to the home from whence he came.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I patched the edge of the driveway where it was damaged by a heavy truck.

Sealcoat crew showed up yesterday afternoon (after I put in the patch) to prepare for sealing my driveway today.

They were nice enough to take a big torch to my patch yesterday to soften it up a bit more and tamp it down a second time. So I did appreciate that bit of service.

They won't seal over the patch I tamped in yesterday (2' by 8') along the edge but they'll sealcoat the rest of the driveway with 2 coats. Nice thick material they are using too. It comes out of tank thicker than heavy whipping cream. Fills the small cracks very nicely on the first coat.

The lovely Mrs_Bob loves a nice looking driveway :in_love: We talked about needing to get it done but I didn't tell her that I had already hired a crew. She drove off this morning just like normal. Won't be able to pull into the main garage to park tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm bored shitless. :yum:

Not really lol

Got my housework done and some other important tasks.
May take a walk later, going to make chicken and salad for dinner.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My drive cable came in today so I got my walk behind mower going today. Other then that, I did not amount to a hell of a lot. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working my 2-10p today and tomorrow.
Leaving after work tomorrow evening for Defiance and a long Labor Day weekend with the kids, until Monday evening. :smile:

The new house across from Independence Dam State Park is just gorgeous!

I'll be babysitting the babes for 4 hrs while Ty is working and Ali is at her part time job at Sears on Saturday.
Saturday night we'll go out for dinner, Sunday and Monday Ty is going to grill again.

Sure is going to be nice to have the time with them, for a whole lot of reasons.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I got up just a few minutes after five, flipped on and saw that it was already 89. Got ready to go. Had a petit mal seizure while I was getting ready.
Got my clippers and things together.
Since one of my palo verde trees was growing over the side walk I really needed to trim it.
I had another peti mal seizure. Worst than the first. Felt like I had to vomit (not unusual).
I talked to one of my neighbors who was out walking his dog.
Finished up sooner than I thought I would.
Took a shower got a bite to eat then went back to bed.
After I got up I just kind of puttered around.
Had another petit mal seizure.
I took my daily dose of epilepsy meds. I really need to sleep off the dizziness that is caused by that, but I wasn't tired.
I still felt a bit stoned when I got online but am feeling better now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I understand what it's like to have to deal with seizures. You never know when they will happen. Then usually it will knock you out for a few hours afterwards.

Today we are hitting the road again. I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel after today. I didn't have to unhook the camper yesterday as we scored a huge pull through site that's level. That means less work for me getting ready to go.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good weekend in Defiance with the family.
Got home around 9:30 this evening after riding out a heavy storm up there around 7, then again just as I was getting back here.

Can't say I got to spend a lot of time with Ty, because when he came home from work Saturday afternoon- he said John had told them some of the crew would be heading down to Texas to help with the hurricane cleanup with the cars and getting them to a speedway in Baytown.

Ali immediately dissolved in tears and begged him not to go.
He told her he had to, and would be leaving by 6pm.
We finally heard from him when they got to Little Rock, Arkansas today.
He's beat from little sleep and feeling guilty.

I am so very proud of him for the work he does, but I feel like this is going to be too much time away from Ali and the girls. Potentially a month.
Especially after they just moved into the new home.

Told her I'll be coming back to spend more time with them on my next extended weekends off and we'll talk often over the phone.

High points were having a small birthday party for Elaina's 1st and walking the parkway along the dam, and watching the wild turkey family come out of the woods every morning.
Oh, and I know all the words to Daniel Tiger songs and Elmo CD's lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to reality today. Physio and a dentist appointment for one of the kids. Oh, and to take the wife's new cell in for warranty.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a nice day back at work, but sure am missing my family right now.
The day will come when I am living there and we'll all be close and happy again.

Here are those wild turkey pics I forgot to share.
They come out of the brush on the north side of the property and work their way down to the west side of the garage every morning and evening.
We counted 3 adults and 4 young ones Sunday morning.

Attachments

• 21396811_10159404602385533_897682796_n.jpg
    21396811_10159404602385533_897682796_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 21396882_10159404603330533_389653450_n.jpg
    21396882_10159404603330533_389653450_n.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 60

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been busy running around all day. Sent the kiddies to school for the first day then headed out to drop the camper off at the dealership for warranty work. Then went to the atv dealership to make a deal/check out the new side by side.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day planned. First send the kids off to school. It's orchestrated chaos with 5 kids. Lol. Then go borrow a trailer from a buddy since mine is at camp. Go pick up my new side by side. Come home and drop that trailer. Then go pick up my camper at the dealership. Bring it home and wait for she who must be obeyed to get home. Then head to camp and set up the trailer. Unload the side by side. Take it for a ride. Then crawl into a beer or three around the fire.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a full day. :w00t2:

Congrats on the new ride. You will enjoy it. We will need pictures!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. Should be good. Had to load it backwards as the ramp would hit. Also had to borrow a trailer as mine is sitting at camp an hour away
c175f14f6538b6b3387ab727194a8d55.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Laid my aunt to rest yesterday. Had all her kids, spouses & grandkids & spouses at the house afterwards and well into the evening. She had 5 kids, none of which talk with my uncle and he doesn't talk with them. Also all of them had to come in from out of town, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, California and ???

The 3 (cousin & wife) + daughter that came up from Florida are staying with me. All their flights back into Florida were cancelled. So now they are stuck here. I'm OK with that. Really I am. They wanted to go shooting. I sent them to Chicago. Figured I'd just send them to a shooting instead of teaching them to shoot.

Thanks. Should be good. Had to load it backwards as the ramp would hit. Also had to borrow a trailer as mine is sitting at camp an hour away...
That looks pretty sweet :w00t2:

Status
Not open for further replies.