• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pisten Bully Canyon

springrnco

What do you guys know about the Pisten Bully Canyon's? Any idea what caused their discontinuation? Thanks for any info.

Well here's what I know. I had a conversation with John Glockhammer of Pisten Bully USA at trade show a couple of years ago at the time the "Scout" was released. I think the Scout is still is produced out of PB's Reno facility, at least it was when I talked to John.

Pisten Bully saw the need for a true North American utility cat to take up from the loss of LMC. The Scout was developed by a small company/individual and PB picked up the design from this person. The design is uncannily close to that of the LMC 1500 and 1800. At that time they pulled the Canyon from the North American market. I belive it was still available in Europe for a while later. I just checked PB's Euro site and noticed it's gone. However I did note that the Scout is now marketed in Europe.

In the past couple of years Kassbohrer Psten Bully has accquired two companies out of Scandinavia - Formatic and Paana. Paana specializes in smaller cross-country ski groomers and Formatic large ski slope grooming.
I'm guessing the Canyon's market was flooded by these acquisitions and they dropped the line. Too bad -the Canyon seemed like a cool little rig.

Here's a link to the Scout if your interested http://www.pistenbullyusa.com/en/products/pistenbully-scout/standard.html

springrnco

Thanks Mark. Did you know of anyone having any specific trouble with them? I see a cached page on Saftey One's site that refers to the "problems" but cannot find anywher what the problems were or if the discontinuation was a result of lack of sales or tech issues.