• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bombi differential fluid

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The manual has 2.1qts. on the differential for the capacitiy. Is overfilling it going to cause problems? I put 2X that in it but haven't run it yet.
Jim

When you over fill a gear case, diff, crankcase etc., the fluid has no place to expand as it heats up and will be forced out the breather. It can cause seals to leak if there is not enough relief being provided by the breather also. The other problem that can occur is the fluid gets too much mixing action and becomes thinned out with air and loses it lubricating abilities, this is why it is a very bad idea to overfill a crankcase. In your case you are probably going to pump out some fluid and make a stinky, sticky mess.:ermm:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
When you over fill a gear case, diff, crankcase etc., the fluid has no place to expand as it heats up and will be forced out the breather. It can cause seals to leak if there is not enough relief being provided by the breather also. The other problem that can occur is the fluid gets too much mixing action and becomes thinned out with air and loses it lubricating abilities, this is why it is a very bad idea to overfill a crankcase. In your case you are probably going to pump out some fluid and make a stinky, sticky mess.:ermm:
i was going to say the same thing and good you did not over look the cavitation problem moste people dont know with out the min. air space in there gear box or crankcase that the oil can foam up and you ywill loose your lubrication good job.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
looks like I'll be doing some draining in the morning. Thanks,Jim