• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track belting source?

kgracey

Hey all,

The prior owners of my machine (State of Oregon) let it sit idle way too long in the same place. As a result, one side of the tracks are spent - dry and rotting. The other side is great!

So, I'm planning on replacing belting on one side (two belts only).

The measurements are 8" wide x 0.4" thick with three holes (one on center, the other two 3" on either side).

I'm open to buying plain belting and drilling the holes myself, or buying some pre-drilled.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Boggie can also supply belting and you might pm him and see if he might have a good used set that would take care of your problem side. Falline in Reno or Okners in Denver can supply new belting with the holes drilled. You can also pick up some good used conveyor belting, cut it to width and drill the holes yourself. This might be a good option if you are only replacing one side and want to save big bucks. Later on you can buy the actual snow cat track belting pre drilled when both sides need replacement.

kgracey

mtntopper,

Thanks a ton for the suggestions. I'll check all the sources.

This helps a bunch. - Ken

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm open to buying plain belting and drilling the holes myself, or buying some pre-drilled.

Any recommendations?
quote]

Try Capitol Rubber in Sacramento . That's where I got mine for the Kristi . It ran $1000 for both sides . That's 8 belts , 3/8" x 6"x 22 ' #330 type .Yours would be much cheaper .

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Try Capitol Rubber in Sacramento . That's where I got mine for the Kristi . It ran $1000 for both sides . That's 8 belts , 3/8" x 6"x 22 ' #330 type .Yours would be much cheaper .

And would actually touch snow more often!! :yum: :yum:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter

Is this for 'designed' snowcat belting? There was a discussion on here a while back about this and folks said that it was just fine to use conveyor belt stock as it's designed to handle similar temps, rigorous beatings, even smaller diameter rollers, etc... so folks said it works fine and is cheaper.

Anyone know any comparisons for same belt size and the 'authentic' snowcat rubber vs. conveyor belt of same dimensions? Of course the conveyor probably has to be bought in a larger more standardized size so more labor would be required to cut and drill, etc... but just curious.

Teeoster

Hi Everyone, back in action here. I found a great source for industrial belting at about 1/2 the cost of any of the snow cat suppliers. Its Michigan Industrial Belting in Livonia Michigan. He can order the stuff with holes punched as required.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I would try BOGGIE first as per MTNTOPPERs suggestion. If no luck there contact your local Goodyear belting supplier in Sparks Nevada.