• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hows about a new fun game in investing??

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Shoulda sold! :yum:

I didn't know that was an option. I thought you had to make your choice and ride it out for a year. If that was a possibility, I would have sold a long time ago and probably long before it hit it's high.

Many years ago when I used to buy and sell a lot the one lesson I learned the hard way is, "Don't be greedy". Take your profit when it's there and get out. That's not how I invest these days. I put my money in good, strong, stable companies with a future and and a track record and let it ride.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
CB came in late - dominated for a while and now is in the red. WOW
In the past with RCL & the rest of the cruise industry the best time to buy is mid summer when its at its lowest & sell in either jan or feb thats when most of the cruises are booked & the stocks seem to be at there highest point . The main reason it is in the red now is because of fuel costs but not due to lack of bookings .

I only bought 200 shares in august of last year at $28.47 and was lucky enough to have sold it when it hit $49.50 a share on jan 26th . I'll more then likely do the same this year only maybe another 100 shares if it continues to keep going lower .:wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I got this link sen to me
http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=17183&CommonCount=0

I checked how we are doing and we are all in the green:clap: except cowboy:sad:

Yup I noticed that, :biggrin: RCL is actually holding on perty good considering the price of fuel , but I expect it to rocket back up as soon as they figure out how to run those ships on saltwater . :yum:

Surprisingly with the economy the way it is, all of their ships are booked solid for the next 3 months . :smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Three weeks to go...hopefully silver doesn't crash before then.

You're looking good ... by a long way. A little contrary thinking isn't a bad thing, is it? When everyone else is buying gold, you buy silver. It worked out great for you.

I see that I'm running about 17% after a short run into the stratosphere. That's pretty good, I'm happy. In real life I would have been ecstatic.

Has it been a year already??????

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Three weeks to go...hopefully silver doesn't crash before then.

Ouch. Silver couldn't wait for four more days until it crashed?

Attachments

• silver.gif
    silver.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 135

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
All I have to say is I'm doing alot better with virtual money than my 401K is dong with my real money.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Dang Dave. It's continuing to fall. It just dipped below $40, putting your gains down over $9000 for today alone.

Over $11,000 loss for today so far. I knew it was going to do this. It's pretty much in free-fall now.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Better watch out Dave. Silver is going in the toilet and Fanny Mae is on the rise again!!!!! Ol' Ironman is still doing pretty good too.

My silver is down more than $17K today. :yum: Only 24 hours to go and I have plunged to third place. :doh:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is your buddy Soros dumping all his silver and gold to help drive the prices down. Wanna bet he will buy back when it gets low enough?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
That is your buddy Soros dumping all his silver and gold to help drive the prices down. Wanna bet he will buy back when it gets low enough?

Oh, I have no doubt it will be back up before the end of the year. It won't help me for this contest though. :sad:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's end this competition NOW !!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I see that my profit has jumped from 17% to 34% in about a week. It's time to get out. I'm getting really nervous.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
How do you think I felt for the last four weeks?

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. I lost eleven and a half thousand dollars yesterday and now I'm back in third place. Still showing over 20% gain though and that can't be bad if the fall stops there. :biggrin:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't play this game, but the previous one, I am up over 60%. You gotta be pretty lucky to do day trading sucessfully.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
OP was: 11-06-2010, 05:06 PM (Central)

So it's officially ended.

Good job DaveNay, not only on being the winner... but making the fantastic Google spread sheet. That really made this fun as hell.

This little experiment taught me a lot about investing.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I know this game is over, but it looks like Silver has weathered it's pullback and is again off to the races. I'm betting it will blow right though $50 without even pausing.

SLV-071811.jpg

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed Dave. Gold is getting too expensive. Silver will be the main stream investment.