• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GM's upcoming I.P.O. ~Taxpayers get a 'royal screwing'

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just don't get this at all. . .

OK well basically the Government SOLD a bunch of shares for $33.00 each but the price paid (based on the bailout) was much higher.

Now for the Government (which used OUR money) to break even it would have to sell the remaining shares for $53 each just to BREAK EVEN. So, as I have so eloquently been stating, we got screwed.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I bet they sold more shares though dilution than actual real numbers. Like the Government printing new money as if it had value and then people wonder why inflation is getting ready to spring.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard on a news report today the 80% of the stock sold was sold to the Chinese Government...
Interesting.
I didn't hear that but I did hear that the biggest market for GM vehicles was China. GM is number one there.