• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Virginia: Is Dr. Oliver Putting Politics Ahead of Patients by Banning HCQ?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is Dr. Oliver Putting Politics Ahead of Patients by Banning HCQ?

email today from Dave LaRock, Delegate to the Virginia House, from my old district.

Dear Jim,

Virginia’s Commissioner of Health, Dr. Muhammad Norman Oliver, stresses “health equity” but is denying to Virginians, including those with very limited resources, the ability to obtain affordable, safe, and successful COVID-19 treatments readily available in many foreign countries with limited resources.

I wrote to Dr. Oliver yesterday, urging him to reverse his ban on treatment with Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), noting, “The mortality rate from COVID-19 … are far higher per 100,000 population than in many other countries that use HCQ widely.”
Is Dr. Oliver’s ban on HCQ a part of a despicable effort to aid Joe Biden's presidential race by keeping our Commonwealth locked down in fear? Is so it needs to end now. We need to put patients first and not tie the hands of physicians who care for them.

In an April 8th TV interview, Dr. Oliver said, “We’re watching the number of infections go up, we’re watching our casualties go up, and we’re doing everything we can to see if we can decrease that.”

So far there is no proven vaccine for COVID-19, and, as for AIDS, there may never be a vaccine. That leaves evaluating existing treatments for COVID-19 that have proven effective. I realize HCQ has its advocates and detractors, but the data on treatments should speak for itself.

Two of the most prestigious medical journals in the world, the Lancet (Great Britain) and the New England Journal of Medicine (United States) both had to rescind articles they published critical of HCQ because third-party examination failed to confirm the studies’ negative results.

Dr. Oliver’s ill-conceived public health directive issued March 25th, which discourages the use of a low cost and widely available treatment drug, HCQ, except in a hospital setting, will, I believe, lead to loss of more lives in Virginia. (Read my letter to Dr. Oliver here.)

I also made a Freedom of Information request for any documents he or the Governor possess related to the drug HCQ.

You and I are not being told the truth about HCQ and COVID-19 by Dr. Oliver and many others.

People like you and me should be questioning medical “experts” who ignore helpful treatments. Saving lives is more important than politics. For over four months, Dr. Oliver has taken an anti-HCQ position that has no basis in fact. Since minorities are especially hard hit by COVID-19, how does Dr. Oliver’s directive promote “health equity?”

Finally, doctors who have been treating patients in the United States and elsewhere have gone public espousing the benefits of early treatment with HCQ. As you may recall, President Trump endorsed HCQ early on, to allow Virginians and other Americans to recover and keep our health.

But it appears that some democrats are fearful that HCQ might help save lives and improve the prospects of reelecting President Trump.

Faced with the prospect of losing 2 million American lives, as he was told could happen, President Trump acted immediately, taking the advice of the medical experts, as confirmed by Dr. Fauci: “The first and only time that I went in and said we should do mitigation strongly, the response was, ‘yes, we’ll do it… [President] Trump listened to the advice from public health experts…”

President Donald Trump obviously knew that, “...presidents who ran for reelection while the economy was booming, including Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, kept their jobs. Meanwhile, Presidents George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford and Herbert Hoover lost their reelection bids amid U.S. economic struggles.” A mere seven months ago, the “...nation’s 3.5% unemployment rate in November matched 50-year lows.”

President Trump set aside great odds for his re-election in a booming economy to reduce the prospect of possibly losing 2.2 million American lives.

Elsewhere on the national front, doctors who dare to speak out on this are being shut down and punished. Quoting a July 30 news article, "...doctors from across the US held a “White Coat Summit” on Monday in Washington DC to dispel the misinformation and myths surrounding the coronavirus. The doctors are very concerned with the disinformation campaign being played out in the far left American media today.

From their website: “If Americans continue to let so-called experts and media personalities make their decisions, the great American experiment of a Constitutional Republic with Representative Democracy, will cease.”

Dr. Simone Gold, a board certified emergency physician, spoke this week at the White Coat Summit. After over 18 million views of their conference on Monday, Google, YouTube and Facebook removed their videos.

Dr. Gold spoke on camera and conveyed her judgement as a practicing physician treating COVID-19 patients with HCQ. She subsequently lost her job at the hospital.

In another state, Ohio sees peak in coronavirus hospitalizations, reverses decision on hydroxychloroquine ban

Thursday, the Ohio Board of Pharmacy withdrew a ban that previously set out to stop medical facilities from selling or dispensing malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat or prevent COVID-19. While the ban was set to go into effect on Thursday, officials now say the prohibitions "will not take effect at this time." The requirements under the rule are no longer applicable.

From Hillsdale College: Four Months of Unprecedented Government Malfeasance
I'll keep fighting to ensure that Virginians have every possible opportunity to get the medical care they need, and to open up our economy. Over 1,050,000 Virginians out of a workforce of 4.4 million have filed initial unemployment claims since this crisis began, and all Virginians are suffering under the continued lockdowns and threats of school closures. We have to do better, and with God's help and wise leadership, we can and will.
Sincerely,

If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email my office at 540-751-8364 or DelDLaRock@house.virginia.gov. You can also follow me on Twitter @LaRock4Delegate and like my Facebook page to keep up to date.