• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Jury Nullification ~ Raw Milk Farmer in business after Jury tosses out Gov Charges

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This falls in the realm of legal harassment where they just keep charging and starting new actions against the farmer. If the demand from consumers was not there he would not be in business. Seen it happen to a Mennonite farmer I rented from years ago. They hassled him till he fell over dead working to pay the legal bills.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice to see a Jury doing the right thing. I wonder how long until the government "reforms" the legal system to prevent jury nullification.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melon's dad,

If the saw was found to be "bad" by the jury, is it then removed from the books? Or does it stay untill another person has to be aquitted by jury?

Just wondering, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I beileve the law stays on the books but the court ruling can be cited as defense and potentially will get off future cases . . . without a trial (this would depend on if the DA wants to challege it, but even then a judge could allow it to continue or could simply toss out the case).