• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wiring diagram for a 73 sv250

Smiler

I have been fixing some of the wiring problems on my sv250 and have hit a wall on the charging system. I replaced the alternator and regulator and the system was charging fine. Then it all of a sudden stopped charging. We have checked the alternator and its fine; a new regulator will be in this afternoon. The strange thing to everyone is that the system only has 2 of the four connections being using on the regulator. The field and the ignition the other two are empty. The alternator is only using the field, battery, and ground. Will a system charge with this configuration, if not why was it working?

Smiler

I found this diagram, and the system is now charging!!!

Attachments

• 1G-ALT_wiring.gif
    1G-ALT_wiring.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 129

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
all wires except the i termanal need to be hooked up on the motorcraft charging systems hw ever if you apply battery voltage to the to the field it will charge unregulated he alternator and your lights wont last long i don't believe the stater wire needs to be hooked up but back when i was converting things to large frame motorcraft alternators to run winches i think i woulh hook it up any ways ford put the termanal in there fr a reason but i could never find a published reason for it i have an amc that i think only has 3 wiresto the regulator but its buried under the snow now