• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Guess we were the field trip for the kids today!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dogs were raising hell this afternoon. Looked out back expecting deer in the garden or maybe a bear and saw this bunch strolling down the lane to my place. Cows got all wound up seeing people in a group walking near their pasture.

Attachments

• cows and school kids 008.jpg
    cows and school kids 008.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 60
  • cows and school kids 010.jpg
    cows and school kids 010.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 61
  • cows and school kids 012.jpg
    cows and school kids 012.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 58

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Neat pictures ! Now would those be Armish People/kids?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I think they are. At least they sure look all the ones we have around here. Tough guy here.

We have a older fella that brings out mules that the armish work with and help train in that area somewhere . Very Impressive mules and he sells them all every time he comes out . I think he brings about 10 per trip and usually makes 2 trips a year . Boy ,he sure gets top dollar for them

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Around me the Amish all use Belgians and Percherons with a few Halflingers for tight logging jobs. The Amish down in southern Pa. all use draft mules. Each area or sect has their own rules and peculiarities. Up here there are no bicycles or rubber tires on anything. Down in Pa. they all ride bikes and have rubber tires on some of the farm equipment but not the tractors. They like deutz and john deere deisels for there big farm and sawmill work and Hondas for most everything else. they use Stihl powered skilsaws and drills for construction so they are not totally manual. They use my cordless tools when they work for me but they must hide the ones they own from the elders and charge them at my place or other neighbors. Some have cell phones on the sly and there are phone shanties and power outlets as well. I offered one a solar electric fencer and he said he would love it but the bishops would frown on it. Same for LP gas and gas refrigerators. Here they use ice houses and down in Pa. they have fridges.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mennonites use a lot more modern conveniences and own cars. Amish have no electric or wires going in their house at all. they use horses for transportation. They all have different rules for specific areas and it changes with the leadership. Many of the same vices and problems as we "english" have. People are people no matter how they dress or pray or live. I see a lot that most folks would not believe goes on with them. For the most part good people and shrewd businessmen for their education level.

norscaner

Lots of Dutch farmers in this area but all are fully mechanized. They pretty well stay to themselves all very nice people. There are some that drift off from the originals.
My daughter this summer will marry one of the "Dutch" kids. He has his masters in marine biology with a major in water resource management.
Great kid and his parents are also awesome people. Pics to follow after the wedding in June.:smile:

Proud Dad

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm surrounded with Amish. One of my high school buddies logged my property before they drilled the gas well and he has Amish working for him. They ran skidders and dozers all over the property. One day they came a knockin asking me to move one of the trucks. I went and got the keys and handed it to them. They said can't do, ain't allowed. All I could say is "You got to be kidding me"! I ended having to move the damn truck ................. :glare: