Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat History, Articles, Manuals, Brochures & Recollections Forum

Snowcat History, Articles, Manuals, Brochures & Recollections Forum Publications, specifications, production information for snow cats

Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM

stevecres is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC, Bombi, Raidtrac

Hi, I justg need the standard bombi books 4 speed with 1.6 pinto engine? thanks, steve
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,734 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC, Bombi, Raidtrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecres View Post
Hi, I justg need the standard bombi books 4 speed with 1.6 pinto engine? thanks, steve
All the manuals we have are now available here for free download >>> http://www.goldcordmine.com/manuals/

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 03-22-2009, 02:00 PM

gaterbait88 is on a distinguished road

I would like to get and manual for a raidtrac. My friend live up the road from me and has a raidtrac but the cluch drive kit fell apart on him and has no idea how it goes back together so if you could help me it would be very helpful. thanks
Jeff
Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 PM
awful member

mbsieg is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC, Bombi, Raidtrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaterbait88 View Post
I would like to get and manual for a raidtrac. My friend live up the road from me and has a raidtrac but the cluch drive kit fell apart on him and has no idea how it goes back together so if you could help me it would be very helpful. thanks
Jeff
I think the newbies should read at least a couple posts in the thread look up one post you will find your answer???????
Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Diana Elaine is on a distinguished road

I'm new here ... and I'm a bit confused. I downloaded the manual I needed, but there seems to be pages missing. The pages are numbered say: page 3 then page 5, etc.

There are several missing pages. Can you explain this?

Thank you!

PS: I downloaded the SkiDozer 252

I'm actually looking for SkiDozer SV 252 ... but that's the closest I could find.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

We post up exactly what we get. These manuals are all donated. While I am not familiar with that specific download, I'd just guess that the way it was scanned into the computer file may have been 2 pages at a time, so page "3" may be pages 3 & 4? Just a guess?

- Ayn Rand
Old 04-05-2009, 07:01 AM

Diana Elaine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Skurka View Post
We post up exactly what we get. These manuals are all donated. While I am not familiar with that specific download, I'd just guess that the way it was scanned into the computer file may have been 2 pages at a time, so page "3" may be pages 3 & 4? Just a guess?
Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but allot of information is actually missing, such as troubleshooting and specifications, etc.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Hopefully, I think I may be able to get help finding another one.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Elaine View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but allot of information is actually missing, such as troubleshooting and specifications, etc.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Hopefully, I think I may be able to get help finding another one.
Well it probably is because we only have a couple members with that model. I know we have posted up several complete versions (different years with different information) of some of the more popular snowcats. But given our 'volunteer' budget on this, we do the best we can do.

If you can help up and make up a complete manual that would be awesome

- Ayn Rand
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 AM

boneyard is on a distinguished road

I am having trouble accessing the page where the manuals are available for download. I get an error message:

"Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

Just wondering if other folks are having similar problems, or if it's just me and I should try a different computer. Just picked up an '87 BR100, looking for any extra info I can find... Thanks! - Fritz
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Bronze Member

teledawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard View Post
I am having trouble accessing the page where the manuals are available for download. I get an error message:

"Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

Just wondering if other folks are having similar problems, or if it's just me and I should try a different computer. Just picked up an '87 BR100, looking for any extra info I can find... Thanks! - Fritz
The problem should be fixed now. Somehow the permissions got changed to deny folder browse access. Sorry about that...
1968 Trac Master ST4B #0922
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 AM

DynatracGuy is on a distinguished road

I've started a Yahoo group for tracked transport that are not necessarily snowcats. It is Tracked Transport, here is a link. I've started posting manuals for vehicles not already covered by this forum. For example the Canadair Dynatrac aka xm571. I'm set up to scan in manuals so I'm open to requests.

Would it be possible to add these files to the collection at http://www.goldcordmine.com/manuals/? Yahoo Groups has a limit of 100MB in the files section.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Je Suis Charlie Hebdo

Bobcat is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the general populace doesn't mind, but since the archive is hosted by teledawg, you should PM him.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
-bumpersticker
Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM

Sylvain is on a distinguished road

looking for manual about sv200.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 PM

bountyhunterbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC & Bombi

I have a 1971Bombardier snow cat I think itís a J5 it has a 6 cyl flat head engine and has a Chrysler charging system for a 1965 Ventura car all I know it is a Chrysler charging system for sure. I need a water pump it just went out I am using this for EMS here in WV as the snow is bad and this is one of the only thing we can get to stranded people with can you tell me what engine year and model this is so I can get a water pump and I would love to have a shop manual for this unit. thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM

DynatracGuy is on a distinguished road

I have a Bombardier Muskeg, big brother to a J5. The engine you have is most likely an industrial Chrysler 261(?) CI. I have the parts manual but can't reach it this moment, because of snow! I'm stuck at my girlfriends place until she can drop me off at home. The Muskeg FINALLY got a windshield and I can clear the ice and snow from it and use it. My Duece and a half is stuck in the driveway, did I mention we have record snow?? My car is buried and my pickup is temporarily dead. I'll send you the part number when I can get to it in the next day or two.

I'm going to volunteer my Muskeg for EMS work as well. Iowa is having record snow, ice, blowing snow and depleted road budgets. Rural residents like me depend on snow plows, when they operate, and lots of patience. It is normal for a person with seizures to wait 4 hours for snow plow and ambulance to reach them, totally unacceptable.

You could try contacting boggie as he has access to manuals and can find the part number for you.

Lee
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 PM

Sylvain is on a distinguished road

Do not need manual, good guy sent me that.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2010, 06:36 AM

trwjohn is on a distinguished road

I could use a manual. I need to identify the year and model of machine I have first. The previous owner said it was an M8 bombardier. It has 16 wheels, 4 duals on each side, sprockets in front. It has the smaller sized spindles,16 x4.5 wheels. 318 chrysler engine in the front. The body seems mostly modified. I will add pictures as soon as I figure out how.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Tracked Evolution Central

MNoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC & Bombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunterbob View Post
I have a 1971Bombardier snow cat I think itís a J5 it has a 6 cyl flat head engine and has a Chrysler charging system for a 1965 Ventura car all I know it is a Chrysler charging system for sure. I need a water pump it just went out I am using this for EMS here in WV as the snow is bad and this is one of the only thing we can get to stranded people with can you tell me what engine year and model this is so I can get a water pump and I would love to have a shop manual for this unit. thanks
You have a 251 Chrysler industrial you should be able to get the water pump from a Napa or similar store if not vintagepowerwagons has them
Old 12-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Tracked Evolution Central

MNoutdoors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwjohn View Post
I could use a manual. I need to identify the year and model of machine I have first. The previous owner said it was an M8 bombardier. It has 16 wheels, 4 duals on each side, sprockets in front. It has the smaller sized spindles,16 x4.5 wheels. 318 chrysler engine in the front. The body seems mostly modified. I will add pictures as soon as I figure out how.
You have a small spindled Muskeg tractor or carrier depending on if the engine
is in the front (carrier) middle of the machine ( tractor) they used small spindles up to about 59-62
Old 12-23-2010, 02:43 PM

trwjohn is on a distinguished road

Thanks boggie, looks like I should have ordered 4 wheels. Once I get them off I will try to pound the fourth one out, it only has a few dents so far as I can see.