• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stock market's biggest loss ever

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Right off I will state that I don't know that this is possible / feasible but I don't believe in coincidences. I would not put it past the left.

from net cooking talk's trivia of the day:
trivia 9/28
DID YOU KNOW...
The biggest single-day loss ever in the history of the Dow occurred on
September 29, 2008, when it dropped 777.68 points, or approximately $1.2
trillion in market value.

A month before Obama was first elected. The housing market was teetering and ready to fall. Could it have been orchestrated in any way to happen when it did in order to help ensure another 'Bush' as they called McCain, would never be elected?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Right off I will state that I don't know that this is possible / feasible but I don't believe in coincidences. I would not put it past the left.

A month before Obama was first elected. The housing market was teetering and ready to fall. Could it have been orchestrated in any way to happen when it did in order to help ensure another 'Bush' as they called McCain, would never be elected?

From what I have observed of "The Swamp" and how they have conducted themselves since Donald got elected, I would answer yes to that question. Of that, I have very little doubt.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter

Google "Lehman Brothers" or "AIG". There was no orchestration, only political incompetence and unmitigated\reckless greed on the part of Wall Street.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I have always believed what jpr just said. The big banks made bets and lost then the taxpayers had to pay the bets.
Mike

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I have always believed what jpr just said. The big banks made bets and lost then the taxpayers had to pay the bets.
Mike

Actually, a LOT of the cause was when Bill Clinton FORCED banks to make home loans ,when the banks knew the loans could never be paid back.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, a LOT of the cause was when Bill Clinton FORCED banks to make home loans ,when the banks knew the loans could never be paid back.
Agreed. Clinton and Barney Franks both played big roles in that. But that it all came to a head right before the election of Barack Hussein Obama makes me go Hmmmmm ...much like the lies about Benghazi just before the election of 2012. The truth could have swung the election to Romney ...so they lied through their teeth.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franklin Raines was head of Fanny or Freddy. Don't remember what one. He would be a name to google in all of this mess. Yup a Democrat too...

Regards, Kirk