• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Breaking: President Trump Pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's about time!

http://100percentfedup.com/breaking-president-trump-pardons-sheriff-joe-arpaio-video/

Breaking: President Trump Pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio
By 100% FED Up - Aug 25, 2017

Reuters is reporting: U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday granted a pardon to former Arizona lawman and political ally Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed “toughest sheriff in America,” less than a month after he was convicted of criminal contempt in a case involving his department’s racial profiling policy.

Trump had signaled this week that the first presidential pardon of his administration would go to Arpaio, 85, whom he has frequently praised for his hardline immigration stance.

Here’s a hint from President Trump during his speech this past week in Phoenix:

“I think he’s going to be just fine” – President Trump

STATEMENT FROM THE WHITE HOUSE:

Attachments

• IMG_6888.JPG
    IMG_6888.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 74

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I am really no fan of Arpaio but he is 85 but I don't see much point in punishing him for a misdemeanor.
Besides which pardoning him P. O. es the various "Immigrant Rights," (Illegal Aliens) groups.

As an aside there is a particularly noxious "Rights" group here partially founded by Caesar Chavez, (the Hispanic equivalent of Al Sharpton), called Chicanos Por La Causa. https://www.cplc.org/
My late father liked to mock them by calling them the: "Poor Chicanos."
I miss my father.

rugerman

Correct me if I'm wrong, prison/jail is supposed to be a place that you do not want to be, it should not be a country club for criminals to hone their skills/ buff up their bodies/make connections for when you get out. Prison is supposed to be punishment for bad behaviors, not a vacation with free meals, free medical, and a sex change if you are so inclined. The bleeding hearts believe that prison is a place to rehab poor souls who have gone a stray. But those poor souls more likely than not will get out and repeat their bad behavior and then be right back for another refresher course in their criminal trade. Sheriff Joe made jail a place that you did not want to be which angered the liberal bleeding hearts who did not agree with his methods so they decided to punish him. Trump didn't see it the liberal's way and exercised his right to pardon the sheriff. Now the media is up in arms, how dare he do that, but when obama released a bunch of drug dealers, etc. not a peep! Just another case of fake news.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
How many jihadists did BO and Bush II "pardon" from guantanamo. I'm starting to believe Trump throws these out there to rattle lib and media cages and now is rattling repub cages. He keeps it up he'll have the entire swamp against him.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Screw the worthless lying phony media. Selective indignation for those assholes. Obama pardons a domestic terrorist, Oscar Lopez Rivera. All this ass wipe did with his leadership of the FALN, the notorious left-wing terrorist group that perpetrated more than 130 attacks on U.S. soil from the mid 1970s through the mid 1980s, killing six and wounding many more. But Obutthole signs a piece of paper and this jerkoff walks a free man. Obama does this for one reason and one reason only, to solidify his role as a first rate radical leftist asswipe.

Guess what? Not a peep from the leftist media when this happened. Not a phucking peep. And we are expected to take these assholes seriously. Not on your life.

As for Sheriff Joe, this whole affair was nothing more then a political ploy by the lying phony Loretta Lynch DOJ working under the direct orders of her boss Obutthole.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Correct me if I'm wrong, prison/jail is supposed to be a place that you do not want to be, it should not be a country club for criminals to hone their skills/ buff up their bodies/make connections for when you get out. Prison is supposed to be punishment for bad behaviors, not a vacation with free meals, free medical, and a sex change if you are so inclined. The bleeding hearts believe that prison is a place to rehab poor souls who have gone a stray. But those poor souls more likely than not will get out and repeat their bad behavior and then be right back for another refresher course in their criminal trade. Sheriff Joe made jail a place that you did not want to be which angered the liberal bleeding hearts who did not agree with his methods so they decided to punish him. Trump didn't see it the liberal's way and exercised his right to pardon the sheriff. Now the media is up in arms, how dare he do that, but when obama released a bunch of drug dealers, etc. not a peep! Just another case of fake news.

The only problem with that is that they were very low level offenders. It isn't a "prison." it is a county jail. It was never intended to be something like Alcatraz.
Many in there have only committed misdemeanors.
Besides which there is a provision in our Constitution about "Cruel and unusual punishment."
But really I disliked the man because of his self aggrandizing posturing.
I have always felt that a Law Enforcement Officer should just shut up and do his job instead of trying to grab the limelight and try to be a superstar.
Since he basically wrote his own press, most people outside of Arizona only saw what Arpaio wanted them to see; that he was "Tough on Crime." etc.
As a native of Phoenix Arizona I saw a lot (both good and bad) that the Sheriff did.

Another thing to factor in is that the majority of the county he was sheriff of, (Maricopa county) is urban with each city's own police force, or an Indian reservation, (where he had no authority).
As far as his immigration sweeps, a good part of the population here is Hispanic. The majority of them were born here.
Quite a few of them have ancestors here from the 19th century.
I don't know how many of you would like it but I certainly wouldn't like to be stopped and told: "show me your papers."That was what from Arpaio had his deputies do.