• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trust us!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
got yer back.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Seriously, we can jest but that is what really has me worried about Ebola. Not the disease itself, but the medical overconfidence that we couldn't possibly have an outbreak here, we're far too sophisticated and medically advanced to allow that to happen. Well, guess what?. The first case of Ebola contacted on US soil just happened in Dallas. Some lady working on the now dead Liberia victim has tested positive and I'm supposed to be reassured by the hospitals statement which basically said, "Not to worry, we'll get it right this time". I don't think so.

I guess that I just don't trust the government and neither do I have too much confidence in the medical profession.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Would this concern come under the category of..."ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?"

Kane

Seriously, we can jest but that is what really has me worried about Ebola. Not the disease itself, but the medical overconfidence that we couldn't possibly have an outbreak here, we're far too sophisticated and medically advanced to allow that to happen. Well, guess what?. The first case of Ebola contacted on US soil just happened in Dallas. Some lady working on the now dead Liberia victim has tested positive and I'm supposed to be reassured by the hospitals statement which basically said, "Not to worry, we'll get it right this time". I don't think so.

I guess that I just don't trust the government and neither do I have too much confidence in the medical profession.

As with any crisis, our confidence can only be certain if we know just WHO IS IN CHARGE of managing the threat. Well, with the ebola crisis, we cannot answer this question.

Q: WHO IS IN CHARGE?

A: At this point, no one is in charge. Woe is us.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
What are the odds that a couple of hundred people on an airplane could come into direct blood/bodily fluid contact
with a man who has Ebola? I'm not going to try for a statistical model to answer that question, but logic and
personal knowledge lead me to think that the possibility is nil. If that supposition is correct, why is the CDC so anxious to
screen everyone who has been near an Ebola patient? Ebola is a blood-borne infection, after all.

Unless, it has evolved. There is reason to at least suspect that not all the people who have the disease in this country had
close blood/bodily fluid contact with an infected person. Should that be the case we are left looking for another path
to infection, with the main suspect being an aerosol, or airborne mutation. That would explain how people who
should not have had fluid contact could nonetheless become infected; it would also explain some of the CDC's actions.

But ... that would mean we'd have to believe that the government is lying to us, lying big time, and as a
consequence misleading us and giving us a horridly false sense of security. There's no way Obama's people would
ever do that, right? :whistling::w00t2: