• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi Emblem

wilkinsn1

Hi Folks:
I'm looking for a Kristi Emblem that fits on the KT-3 air scoop. There must be one out there somewhere for a reasonable price and in good shape.

Gary

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
ybe Big Al will give you the whole machine so he can make room for a classy snow trac

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking Kristi from what I can see of your avatar....

They get some greif here on this forum, but really I wish there were more members here who not only have one, but use it as well. They have some unique features that are not on any other cats before or since.

So please tell me about your machine. I sure won't be poking any "Fun" at it at all. Just curious as to how well it works, and if the leveling feature is a good one and works well.

Regards, Kirk

wilkinsn1

Nice looking Kristi from what I can see of your avatar....

They get some greif here on this forum, but really I wish there were more members here who not only have one, but use it as well. They have some unique features that are not on any other cats before or since.

So please tell me about your machine. I sure won't be poking any "Fun" at it at all. Just curious as to how well it works, and if the leveling feature is a good one and works well.

Regards, Kirk

Kirk,

Yes, I'm quite aware of the ribbing and grief against Kristi's on the forum here, especially with Big Al. I used to keep track of most of his restoration work on the KT-7, but since I retired from Pacific Microwave, haven't kept up with the postings for some time.

Anyway, I've been retired since June 2008, and our old company Kristi snow cat was transferred to another division with the company shortly after my retirement. Besides myself, a few of our other employees used the Kristi during my 30 years with the company. Around 2000, a co-worker and I replaced the old worn-out Porsche Industrial engine with a new crate type rebuilt 1600cc VW engine. We had it running pretty good then. When it was transferred to the other division with the company, they couldn't get it started due to starter bendix problems and it sit for over 3 years on the 68 Ford flatbed truck, its transporter. This last Feb. my old boss asked me if I would be interested in purchasing my old Kristi and the Ford truck. They made me a very reasonable offer that I could not pass up. The Ford flatbed truck had new rubber all around, and about 9,700 miles on its third engine (that we also replaced in 1997). Truck ran good when we went up to retrieve it in Cottage Grove, OR and brought it down to my area in SW Oregon. A friend and I have been working on both units and now have them working good. During the Kristi's 3-year sit in the weather, etc. it got some moisture in the engine oil and the transmission oil. It took us five flushes of the engine oil before getting the oil to look clean again. After doing some timing and carburetor adjustments, now purring like it should. I am keeping it at my friends place in Eagle Point, OR since he has lot of room.

I have some pictures of my KT-3 (Serial # 0048) on the Kristi Snow Cat website.

I'll try uploading the most recent picture of it now in it's new storage shed, and a couple during our work on it. :neutral::smile:

In the following pictures, you'll notice that we have had the nose fabricated to unbolt and unsnap from the body to make it much easier to access the engine.

Attachments

• 20120531_130311 (Small).jpg
    20120531_130311 (Small).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 133
  • 20120524_153457 (Small).jpg
    20120524_153457 (Small).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20120524_153603 (Medium).jpg
    20120524_153603 (Medium).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on a serious note the kristy does have the cool leveling system which i believe is kind of unnecessary as i have hadd the snot trac on inclines where it slides side ways befor it wants to flip. At these angles you are feeliing like you are falling out of the drivers seat ,but to have the ability to raise the belly could be a cool option i know that hickor dosn't seem like the best material for grousere i have to believe they may stick well to packed snow that metal grousere would slide on.besides most of the banter is directed to Big Al cause he does such a good job at shoveling it back to other cat owners.