• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Get a load of this one, scam or what

JimR

Charter Member
I decided to sell my Honda generator. I posted it on a website for sale. This is a reply that I just got on it. Now I have seen a lot of scams in my day. But never one that was going to use the Postal Service Money Orders and a pre-paid Fedex pickup. So, what do you think about this? Is it real or is this one hell of a scam? I am going to play the game to find out. I just emailed the buyer to ask where it was going to be shipped to before I give her any information.

Dear Seller,
Thank you so much for your reply, well I am still interested in buying your Item,I am willing to pay $1500.00 for the unit, I will be making payment through Via United state postal Money Order service. I will also be handling the shipping through Via FedEx account...

If you agree to sale the unit to me, please get back to me with your full names and address,zip code, city. state , country, phone number and where you want to receive payment so that I will proceed with the payment and as soon as payment is done and confirmed I will send you a prepaid FedEx shipment document for onward shipment.

Best Regards
Sister Roselin....
God bless USA.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It is bull chit. I get this crap all the time. Do not reply anymore! Hit <Delete>.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Scam.

My bet is she will have someone who she does business with who owes her $2000, that person will pay you, you will cash their check, keep your $1500 and send her the generator plus the $500.

The check will bounce a few days later, you will be out the generator and $500.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Tell me about the generator..... I might be interested... Junk..
PS.... is my personal check OK......:yum: :yum:

Last edited:

JimR

Charter Member
You guys didn't read what I posted. Payment will be through the United States Postal Service. You can't bounce one of these as they are paid in advance. I also would never ship the generator until that M.O. cleared regardless of the pickup date of the generator. I am not stupid and my momma didn't raise no dummy.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
JimR said:
You guys didn't read what I posted. Payment will be through the United States Postal Service. You can't bounce one of these as they are paid in advance. I also would never ship the generator until that M.O. cleared regardless of the pickup date of the generator. I am not stupid and my momma didn't raise no dummy.

You can bounce them if they are forged!!! I've even seen forged cashiers checks!

JimR

Charter Member
B_Skurka said:
You can bounce them if they are forged!!! I've even seen forged cashiers checks!

That would be a first for me. Like I said, I would never ship it out, or should I say, let it be picked up until the M.O. cleared. Who would forge a Federal M.O. for that much money? That is grand forgery.

OregonAlex

yes.. but they can give you a counterfeit Money Order.

If you want to pissed this person off, get them to send you the MO but don't ship it.. Get the Fedex account number and see who owns the account number. Check the Money Order checked out by the Post Office or simply check that document link I sent you above. Try to get them identify themselves.
call the real owner fo the fedex account number and say.. hey.. do you know this Fedex number is going used by someone to run a scam??? Maybe Fedex will get involved too to try to figure out who is doing it. They have an interest in this because Fedex is being ripped off. The US postal service has an interest in this because someone is commiting a federal offense.

It all depends how much free entertainment you want out of this opportunity. ha ha

JimR

Charter Member
OregonAlex said:
yes.. but they can give you a counterfeit Money Order.

If you want to pissed this person off, get them to send you the MO but don't ship it.. Get the Fedex account number and see who owns the account number. Check the Money Order checked out by the Post Office or simply check that document link I sent you above. Try to get them identify themselves.
call the real owner fo the fedex account number and say.. hey.. do you know this Fedex number is going used by someone to run a scam??? Maybe Fedex will get involved too to try to figure out who is doing it. They have an interest in this because Fedex is being ripped off. The US postal service has an interest in this because someone is commiting a federal offense.

It all depends how much free entertainment you want out of this opportunity. ha ha

Alex, Good info on the Postal website. I'm up for that kind of fun. Hell, I'll even enjoy it.

OregonAlex

btw... there is a flaw in their Scam..

it would seem logical that the US PS would take US PS Money Orders as COD.

Let them try to pay the US Postal worker using with that "real' US PS Money Order.

JimR

Charter Member
Wow, That would be interesting. They have guns at the Post office you know.

Ok, I just sent this scammer my address with a note to forward the Postal M.O. to me immediately. I will notify you upon reciept of it. Ha, I don't think so. I'll first bring it to the Post Office to have them check it out. They can run the serial numbers on it.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Google found many references to bogus Postal Money Orders:

"More than 3,700 counterfeit postal money orders (CPMO's) were intercepted by authorities from October to December of 2004, and according to the USPS, the "quality" of the counterfeits is so good that ordinary consumers can easily be fooled." Source.

I recall reading in alt . marketing . online . ebay that bad Postal Money Orders are hard to detect and your first clue may come months later, when the feds look to you to reimburse them for a bogus one you deposited.

OregonAlex

Too bad those RF ID tages dont have much range..it Fedex frowns on sending people bombs.. it would be cool to track (LoJack) a package to the reciever. There are stories of people tracking their stolen computers using a "phone" home application in their laptop.. ha ha.

obvious it is easiest to prove a crime if the transaction is done as a single operation. That is giving money and accepting the item . By sending the money via one method (which can't be tracked) and receiving it via another method it makes it hard to accuse the person receiving the package as the person who sent the check in the first place. I don't think it is crime to accept a item which is sent to you. The forging of the check would be the crime, but is hard to track. Of course, if they are using someone else's Fedex account number then Fedex might want to pursue it.

JimR

Charter Member
Junkman said:

Hey Junk,

Are you serious or messing with me. :yum: :yum: :yum: Either way, I'm off to bed. I have a motorcycle to sell tomorrow. A chainsaw to sell and 1/2 cord of wood. Plus I need to pick up a new gun unit for my oil burner. Too many things to do and no time to do them.

OregonAlex

I wouldn't tell them that you wont ship till you cash the Money Order.. Just get the Money Order and the Fedex number. I don't suppose you have access to a P.O. Box as the destination for the Money Order.. would hate for them get your real address.

JimR

Charter Member
The plot just got better. I have a response from Sister Roselin.

Hello Xxxxxxxxxx X xxxxxxxxxx,
Thanks for your mail,i really appreciate it,i will like to inform you that i shall proceed with the payment right away,so kindly let me know if the unit is with you now,while i will like you to package the item for shipment,cos once am through with the payment and you are able to verify that i have made the payment,in which they will be sending you a payment confirmation stating that the money has been approved and sent to you,i will like to proceed with the shipment right away.....so kindly get back to me as soon as possible....

Best Regards

Sister Roselin....
God bless USA.

OregonAlex

Jim,

how about you get the shipping address from her. Then say.. hey.. you know what...

1. My brother lives right next to you.. how about I send it to him and you can come on over with the check and pick up the generator.

2. I will Fedex it to the post office next to you... bring your Money Order and you can pick it up from them COD.

In either case, I ship it immediately. *ha ha*

JimR

Charter Member
OregonAlex said:
I wouldn't tell them that you wont ship till you cash the Money Order.. Just get the Money Order and the Fedex number. I don't suppose you have access to a P.O. Box as the destination for the Money Order.. would hate for them get your real address.
I'm not afraid of giving out my address. I am armed most of the time. Here's the email I got during the night. I have their address too. Dumb bunnies.

USPS Online
Money
Order Service

UNITED STATES POSTAL MONEY ORDER MADE BY SISTER ROSELIN TO JAMES ROBERT TO HAVE A MONEY ORDER OF $1500.00 HAS BEEN (APPROVED).

Postage Payment Options for Business
Send Money
Many choices for you to send money and pay bills.

Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx,

Thanks for using postal money order,your money is $1500.00 for a "Honda Generator".

The money was paid in by Sister Roselin.

Below is the address where the postal order will be sent
xxxxxx xxxxxxx
XXX xxxxXXX Ave
XXXxx, XX. xXXXx
Telephone #(XXX)-xxx-Xxxx USA.

This is the sample of the postal money order

Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier. Postal Money Orders are available up to $1,000 with a daily limit of $10,000 per customer. A current government-issued or state-issued picture identification is required for money order purchases over $3000 in a single day. Other features include:

"Domestic Money Orders"

*Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check
*Valid for an unlimited period
* Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution
*Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders.

Thank you for using postal money order. We look forward to serving your online
payment needs in the future.

HERE IS THE PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION WHICH YOU CAN PRINT OUT

Printer-Friendly Version

USPS Homepage

Order Status:

Payments Order Available

AVAILABLE

Order Placed

25/03/2006

Order Status

Postal Order Available

Usps Order Approved

Postal Order Confirmed

Billing Information:

Processed successfully

Paid in by

Sister Roselin

To

Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxxx.

Latest Delivery Date

25/03/2006

Contact information of Buyer

Sister Roselin

Street Address

33 Western Ave

City, State, Zip

Gloucester, NY 01930-3664

Country

U.S.A

Services Purchased:

ItemAmount

$1500.00

Shipping Fee

$ 00. 00

Total Amount posted to card

$1500.00

Item Unit
1 Unit

Purchased Item Information:

Auction site

Craigslist

Item ID

not shown

Item description

Honda Generator.

Seller Information:

Name

Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx.

Email Address of the seller

Xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com

Address:

XXX xXXXXds Ave

city,zip code:

Xxxxxx,0XXXX

State

XX.

USA,(XXX)-xxx-Xxxx.

USPS Homepage

===================================================================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the
buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment with 48
hours of recieving this Payment Approval Notification and get to our
Costumer/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shippment
Verification.

If the buyer has requested that the item be sent to any address other
than the one provided above, please ship the item OUT and notify us
immediately at our representative at .
unitedstateconfirmations@mail.com

***PLEASE NOTE***
The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident until
the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to
protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of
fraudulent activities.

*SHIPMENT VERIFICATION*
You can have the shipment confirmed/verified in any of the following
ways:

***PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that we processes thousands of orders daily, U.S.P.S money order
RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been
assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy
verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch the Money OrderSM. Send
shipment tracking details to : unitedstateconfirmations@mail.com

You can give the buyer of your auction item the TRACKING NUMBER of the
shipment and once he/she verifies the shipment, he/she will also notify
us immediately.We would like you to know that your money with the money order would be delivered to you in 3 -5 business days time once we receive the shipment verification tracking number.

Please do not let your buyer gain access to this Payment Approval
Notication.

*CUSTOMER SUPPORT*
If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact the Customer
Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order at:

============================================
money package tracking number
RI474866093GB
==============================================
You can track your money package tracking number here to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track;jsessionid=KQP3BBX31OKSUCRAZRYEOSQKEDGHCQ2K?catId=400145&emt=emt&track=track&default=default&imageRootPath=&loc=en_GB&keyname=track_home&gear=track

Sincerely,
Postal Money Order.

*****************************************************************************************
REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE

United States Postal Service Payments.

Signature Confirmation
Get some Zeropaid GearFBI SCAM PROTECTED
FBI Banner
Sincerely,

United state Auction Payment

Pay for auction items easily with United State postal order. Fast, convenient, reliable.

UNITED STATES POSTAL MONEY ORDER MADE BY SISTER ROSELIN TO JAMES ROBERT TO HAVE A MONEY ORDER OF $1500.00 HAS BEEN (APPROVED)

Edited by Bob to remove some personal information
Additional editing at the posters request by Junk.

JimR

Charter Member
The plot thickens again. I checked the address and zip code. There is no Gloucester N.Y. There is however a 33 Western Ave in Gloucester Ma. with that zip code provided by the scammer. I just sent her another email stating that I would not ship the generator until I had the money order in hand and was able to cash it.

JimR

Charter Member
Junkman said:

Hey Junk,

It's an 11HP EB5000X generator 110/220 volt with low oil sensor. I thought you were messing with me until I read the edit note this morning.

JimR

Charter Member
I have forwarded all the emails and information to the Postal Service asking their help in having this person arrested on Federal fraud charges. I will proceed with this and have this person arrested. Once they contact me on this I will contact the Gloucester, Ma. PD and give them the information I have.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
First, you ought to get your address and phone number off of here if it is your correct info. Next, you do realize that this person is not only a "sister", but is in a foreign country. The broken and improper English in the replies to you is very common in it's meter and phrasing to the Ukrane area. Do you know how to pull the 'header' of an email they sent you? If so, post that info on here. We should be able to tell you from what country the email originated.

I've been on eBay since 1996. Call me "Mr. Cynical", but I've had a ton of people try to scam me over the last 10 years. Heck, when I joined eBay your eBay name was your email address. When they realized that was a bad idea (for obvious, and numerous, reasons) they told us to just use our first name for our eBay name. That is how small eBay was when I started. Get this, when I started there, the only reason was to buy and sell guns!

JimR

Charter Member
Edit by Bob . . . I already edited out your information!

Dargo said:
First, you ought to get your address and phone number off of here if it is your correct info. Next, you do realize that this person is not only a "sister", but is in a foreign country. The broken and improper English in the replies to you is very common in it's meter and phrasing to the Ukrane area. Do you know how to pull the 'header' of an email they sent you? If so, post that info on here. We should be able to tell you from what country the email originated.

I've been on eBay since 1996. Call me "Mr. Cynical", but I've had a ton of people try to scam me over the last 10 years. Heck, when I joined eBay your eBay name was your email address. When they realized that was a bad idea (for obvious, and numerous, reasons) they told us to just use our first name for our eBay name. That is how small eBay was when I started. Get this, when I started there, the only reason was to buy and sell guns!
It's too late for me to edit that info off of here. So will a Moderator please do that for me, Thanks. I figured this was a foreigner with the broken english. But the shipping address is right here in Ma. where I live and is about 2 1/2 hours away.
Here's what I think you want to know.
sisterroselinamerica2008@gmail.com
qmail.com is inactive.

I just sent the dirtbag this email.

Hi, I have an even better deal for you. I will be in Newburyport on tuesday. I can deliver this item for free saving you money. You will need to have cash for this transfer. We can meet in the Police Department's parking lot for the transfer as I do not know Gloucester very well. Please reply asap so I can get it in my vehicle.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
If you right click on the email message, then click the "options" box that comes up, you will see the "header" contents. Cut and paste those here.
That will give info on the route the email message took in getting to you.

JimR

Charter Member
Dargo said:
If you right click on the email message, then click the "options" box that comes up, you will see the "header" contents. Cut and paste those here.
That will give info on the route the email message took in getting to you.
Ok, I couldn't copy it. So hopefully this will work. It didn't work. I will try again

JimR

Charter Member
I'm using Netscape and can't figure out how to copy this. I don't have the options button.
Is this waht you need
X-UIDL:5b0c34706003250444v49ae763dic57c7c08dd495elf@mail.gmail.
com
also have this

mtao03@charter.net
ip 64.233.182.188

JimR

Charter Member
I'm using Netscape and can't figure out how to copy this. I don't have the options button.

Maybe I could send someone the email and they can decipher it.

Nevermind about the above. I have forwarded all emails to the City of Gloucester Police Dept requesting them to look into it and also asking if I should set this guy up for a sting operation.

Last edited:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The best part so far is that the Post Office doesn't send email confirmation of money orders purchased. To my knowledge, you can't purchase a postal money order at any place other than a post office.

Jim.... yes, I am interested in knowing the output of the generator and the cost. I am serious about the purchase..... Junk...