• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

lost my kenwood handheld

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was in the thick trees and checked the kenwood th-D72a to get a GPS reading then turned it off. Then walked 150 yards and it was gone.
dammed if I can't find it. we had a storm and lots of leaves were falling.
it was getting late and I needed to get out of the woods before dark .So i was in a hurry and on game trails.I had it in my shirt pocket and it fell out when going under brush.
It doesn't look good on finding it. i been back and put in 2hrs searching. I haven't given up yet. Good thing it is close to home.
I miss it. I never had a cell phone and that was my means of emergency contact. jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim any chance you could barrow a metal detector from some one? I know some folks that used one to find a cell phone in a tall grass filled ditch. Seemed to work well enough...

Good luck with your search. Hope you find it soon.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim find a metal detector, when you find it get some dot tape. tape some markers on all corners, that way you can find a lost radio with a flashlight. ask me how I know

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
with a metal detector wouldn't you need to be really close? I woul think if I am with in 6 ft I would see it.
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes you need to be close. But if you only went 150 yrds when you lost it, and didn't see it when you retraced your path, it must be under leaf litter or other stuff on the ground. You would have found it by now if it were visible wouldn't you?? That is why I reccomended a metal detector.....

Regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure hope you find it, that's not a cheap radio. If it were left on you could use another HT to find it, but too late for that now (I hate learning lessons that way). My guess would be to spend time in the thickest part of the woods where you would have had to bend over to get through. Most likely that's when it fell out. Good luck.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Found it today . GPS says it 65ft away from the point I noticed it missing. I ducked under a vine maple and it was almost directly under it. i turned it on and made a contact. it spent a soggy night in the rain. should have taken pictures ,sorry
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for you Jim!! I think dds idea with the dot reflective tape tape might be good advince. Or a holster that will hold it securely.

Regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for you Jim!! I think dds idea with the dot reflective tape tape might be good advince. Or a holster that will hold it securely.

Regards, Kirk
Or both!:yum: Glad you found it and it still works.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
want a good :yum:. this is my search pattern.
lost is when I discovered it missing . parked is my gator .

Image11.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the path of a person with multiple personalities.:unsure::unsure:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the marine guys up here have a neat little chest harness they put their radios in. I haven't found where they get them yet but I want one for riding atv's set my self up with a boom mike head set and have a half wave dipole stitched into the harness.