• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mechanics dream job

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Read the last line

Attachments

• 6509CA00-12AB-444C-BF0C-D8AD7FE62B5B.jpg
    6509CA00-12AB-444C-BF0C-D8AD7FE62B5B.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 343

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Our youngest son spent some years at Fairbanks mechanicing at a gold mine. He said the coldest actual he saw was -63*F.
Mike

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Omg! I’ll never complain when my shop is at 40 degrees.....ever! I think they’re looking for Mount Everest Sherpas ....with a side gig turning wrenches.

Seriously.....with our love of the hobby, who wouldn’t jump at that in their mid twenties, no responsibilities to worry about?

olympicorange

…... all very good points , those aren't cold conditions, rather more on the ''insane'' side of the spectrum. my sister lived in Barrows for a few years , cold & baron,... the AD also doesn't mention the wildlife up there , nothing major ; ..just polar bears, wolves, etc.,... and they're all hungry ...lol.. the Liam Neeson movie comes to mind ….''the GREY'',... a good one if you haven't seen it ,.... pretty hard to hold onto the wrenches , in those temps, must less a rifle.... ha

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, no. Maybe at 20 it have been a thought.

Not familiar with operations up there, but if you have over 50 snowcats wouldn't you have a nice warm shop, and a transport of some sort to haul inoperable equipment to that warm shop?? Or is this like trekking across Antarctic, covering lots of space where there is nothing out there, where what you're packing and your team is your survival?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope it’s not all 30-40 below, but that’s summer work!
If anyone is wanting the company name for this position I have it.
85-113K per year, depends on experience, most people can’t take it and the turn over is large

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the working in the cold is when something breaks down you have to get it back to the shop. they are heated but there is still a cold layer on the floor that rarely gets above freezing.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that the giggle the ground group.

jiggle

I have a buddy that works on a situation like that.

Money is very good.

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
The best part of working in the Arctic is in the winter if you get lucky a one night stand can be 6 months long.......:laugh3: