• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

poison ivy sux

Ray

poisonivy.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like he's been scratching it pretty bad!

I see it, I get it. I keep cortizone and steriods with me all the time. My eyes have swelled shut........ I feel his pain!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like he's been scratching it pretty bad!

I see it, I get it. I keep cortizone and steriods with me all the time. My eyes have swelled shut........ I feel his pain!
I think I am one of those people who are immune. In all the years I have been camping, hunting or screwing around in the woods (sometimes literally :tiphat:), I have never ever had a poison ivy rash.

DAP

I think I am one of those people who are immune. In all the years I have been camping, hunting or screwing around in the woods (sometimes literally :tiphat:), I have never ever had a poison ivy rash.

Dave . I am the same way. BUT .. I'm not anymore. One day, all of a sudden, you are on the other side for no apparent reason.

Now, I have gotten it a couple of times when I NEVER used to.

Our bodies change with age and along with it, so do our immunities to this and allergies too.

Sorry to burst it ...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've had mild cases of poison ivy, never that bad ... but I got poison oak multiple times from hedges at our old house. That poison oak was like poison ivy on steriods. :eek:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
For some reason I never got poison ivy at all.
My brother and sisters would suffer with it when they'd come in contact.
One time my oldest son had it bad on his face because he and some buddies burned some ivy branches (unbeknownst to them) for a campfire by the river.
His eyes and face were such a mess.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Get goats..... they will eat the stuff to the roots and it will not return. If I get poison ivy, I wipe it with chlorine bleach or gasoline. Either one will wipe away the oil, and leave you will a chemical burn that will heal faster than the poison ivy. I learned this from the electrical utility workers. Works for them, and it worked for me. Now, I just stay far away from the stuff.....

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
When I was down in Ohio for a spell, I was cutting firewood with a friend and didn't know what Poison Ivy was, or looked like. Was cutting it with a chainsaw and spraying the stuff all over the place, on me and my friend.

He looked like a creature from the dark depths of hell after about twenty min's and I had to take him to the Hospital. I wiped the stuff (a white foamy looking stuff) off my face not knowing what it was at the time and never even got a red spot from it..... Don't know if I would still be that resistant now, but we don't have it in Alaska anyway....