• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Happy Birthday Bob!!!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Birthday Bob. :happybday: :happybday:

Just a day or two behind BC ...but just a wee bit older

Hope you have a GREAT day! :dancing: :dancing:
:thewave: :thewave:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey guys thanks!

The office just brought me some sushi for lunch. Plus 3 cakes, each with candles on top, and a FIRE EXTINGUISHER. But no beer? WTF!!!

For the record, I'm 47. Feel a hell of a lot older. Honestly don't feel like celebrating. My daughter is having a really rough time with her diabetes and it is taking a toll on all of us. It has completely changed our lives and I know that I will be making some big changes. She has to call me every day from school when her blood sugar numbers are too low. I've been getting calls virtually every day. The doctors are dumbfounded and the FDA recently approved a pediatric monitor that we are going to try to get for her. She would have to have an implant in her skin, it would then connect to the monitor by radio frequency and sound alarms if her blood glucose level goes out of the doctors "target" range so she could take corrective action. I didn't post it, but about a week ago we had a very critical issue with her at night, damn scary for all of us. Today she feel horrible, bad headache from her sugar dropping too fast. Her grades are also suffering and that is putting her under some stress. She's always been in the top 2 or 3 kids in her class for grades, but she has actually gotten a "D" on one test and an "F" on another in a different class. Her semester grades are 2 Bs and the rest are As. But I don't think she has ever gotten a B on a report card so she is putting pressure on herself to get her grades up and that is probably also a bad thing. So she feels bad, hates to do bad in school, and just wants to be a regular kid.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy smokes! Now its BOBs birthday!?

woooooooo HOOOOOO!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
:intheclub: :alc: :bounce: :bounce: :dancing: :dancing:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks again, the celebration did occur, at home instead of at a restaurant. Got a nifty rifle rest too!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Happy Birthday Bob, I know the day is just about over and I am finally getting here on FF.

Hope it was a good one for you. :happybday :intheclub: :dancing:

murph

P

Pigtails

Bob,

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.
Happy Birthday:dancing:

BoneheadNW

Bob, a belated happy birthday. We were without power until later last night. Sorry to hear about the rough time with your daughter. I'm sure the stress of school is not helping with her blood sugar. Maybe time for a road trip to someplace relaxing, like Hawaii. You could even pick up more of those lovely shirts.:puke1:
Bone

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OH it was a great birthday! Late last evening the festivities ended with a trip to the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. Not for my daughter. For me. I have not 1, not 2, not even 3 or 4, but 5 . . . yes count them 5 Kidney Stones!!! Got some morphine and another prescription for vicodin and got sent home early this morning. Yippee for me!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
OH it was a great birthday! Late last evening the festivities ended with a trip to the HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. Not for my daughter. For me. I have not 1, not 2, not even 3 or 4, but 5 . . . yes count them 5 Kidney Stones!!! Got some morphine and another prescription for vicodin and got sent home early this morning. Yippee for me!

My sympathies. Only 3 for me but one at a time. Not something I would ever want to do again

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Man Bob, when it rains it pours. Sorry to hear about the Kidney Stones. They are so painful. I know. Best wishes for recovery, and coping with the major changes in your household with your daughters diabetes.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :(
Isnt fair man. Bob I wanted you to have a freakin great day and Im really not to happy with the outcome. To counter your bad day I think we should ALL pitch in for a strip dancer. Or just a card for him.
Bob we all enjoy your input here and wish you well. And Im personally tired of you having these things going wrong in your life. :pirate:
Alas the best I can do is send you some great food from Chicago to cheer you up. :(

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Alas the best I can do is send you some great food from Chicago to cheer you up. :(
Life is what it is, we deal with it. I still have not passed any of the stones but am drinking gallons of water!

As for the food, we are planning on going to Chinatown this Sunday after church to have "Dim Sum" and then to hit some of the Chinese butchers for some duck, pork, etc to take home. The weather in Chicago is supposed to be mid-70s and windy. Should be a great fall day in the city!

jwstewar

Happy Belated Birthday Bob. Sorry to hear about the kidney stones and about your daughter's diabetes. Hope things start turning around for you guys.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
If not too late, please may I wish you a very happy belated birthday and hope that life improves for you and your family?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If not too late, please may I wish you a very happy belated birthday and hope that life improves for you and your family?
Its NEVER to late!

I'm feeling better, but still have not passed any of my 5 kidney stones. Today has been pretty much a day of rest.

Based on some phone calls and some emails with doctors and the manufacturer of the diabetic pumps and monitors, it looks like we are making some progress with my daughter's long term care. Until we figure out a long term solution, we deal with short term day-to-day issues. Today was a good day all day for her. She was supposed to spend the evening in Chicago at the "Navy Pier's" Haunted House with her schoolmates but opted stay home. I'm not really sure why. I think her attitude toward her friends has changed this year because of diabetes, she seems more introverted since her diagnosis. Perhaps she is unsure about how to dose herself with insulin when she is away the advice my wife and myself? But never the less, she is having a good day today.