• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Food shortages?

This is NOT being reported, it is being questioned about IF it could happen. And PPE is the big safety factor in keeping the food supply open.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-...tages-says-government-document-223308504.html

^^^ FULL STORY AT THE LINK ABOVE ^^^

Yes, and people who work in the cities but live in rural areas around them will bring it to the rural areas. And then it will spread to the small towns that are in remote areas . . .

It is only shown to be effective sometimes in some patients. It's not a cure. It's a possible treatment for some of the more critical patients. It also seems to be showing side effects. Germany discontinued a study because it was causing heart issues (similar to a heart attack) in patients they were treating while doing a study.

There have been 0 reported covid 19 cases for anyone with Lupis. They take HydroxieCloriquin. It is prescribed as a prevention for Malaria and been around since the 1940's with very minimal side affects.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There have been 0 reported covid 19 cases for anyone with Lupis. They take HydroxieCloriquin. It is prescribed as a prevention for Malaria and been around since the 1940's with very minimal side affects.

I'd want it, if there were no other options.
You see, it's really that simple.
This is how we find treatment and cure, often quite by accident.
Then there is the Intravenous high dosage vitamin c treatment.
Oh no!
That can't be possible.
It's all too easy, this MUST be complicated.
:hammer:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd want it, if there were no other options.
You see, it's really that simple.
This is how we find treatment and cure, often quite by accident.
Then there is the Intravenous high dosage vitamin c treatment.
Oh no!
That can't be possible.
It's all too easy, this MUST be complicated.
:hammer:

The Government should offer a controlled test in the hot spots. Ask for 1000 volunteers to take it. After a week or whatever test them and see if they got it but didn't show symptoms. Obviously if all 1000 either didn't get it or were asymptomatic it probably works. Then offer it to people on a voluntary basis where you except the risk and get on with it while the clinical study is being completed. Damn bureaucrats are going to kill all of us.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It is prescribed as a prevention for Malaria and been around since the 1940's with very minimal side affects.

The side effects are not minimal. I took it for a long time and it, along with Larium, which is even worse, are the reason I have tinnitus. Google chloroquine and see the side effects. It can also absolutely tear up your stomach although again, Larium is much worse. When I worked in West Africa chloroquine was the drug of choice as a prophylactic against malaria because the side effects were less severe but if it affected you they were far from being minimal. At that time it was only prescribed in the USA for the treatment of malaria.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. I for one would probably take it again if I had to because it wouldn't be for an extended period of time.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The side effects are not minimal. I took it for a long time and it, along with Larium, which is even worse, are the reason I have tinnitus. Google chloroquine and see the side effects. It can also absolutely tear up your stomach although again, Larium is much worse. When I worked in West Africa chloroquine was the drug of choice as a prophylactic against malaria because the side effects were less severe but if it affected you they were far from being minimal. At that time it was only prescribed in the USA for the treatment of malaria.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. I for one would probably take it again if I had to because it wouldn't be for an extended period of time.

Yup, there are side effects. That is why I mentioned that Germany stopped the clinical trials. It was causing heart attacks.

My RA doctor called me the other day. He had prescribed me a drug from that family of anti-malarial drugs and I was allergic to it. He said if I do get Covid19 that I would have to avoid the anti-malarial drug treatments.

The Government should offer a controlled test in the hot spots. Ask for 1000 volunteers to take it. After a week or whatever test them and see if they got it but didn't show symptoms. Obviously if all 1000 either didn't get it or were asymptomatic it probably works. Then offer it to people on a voluntary basis where you except the risk and get on with it while the clinical study is being completed. Damn bureaucrats are going to kill all of us.

Essentially that is being done. Not quite the way you suggest. Doctors are now, according to the FDA, allowed to freely prescribe it as treatment.

It is used only for the most severe cases. Those patients who either need or may soon need ventilators. But they are prescribing it, along with Z-max anti-flu drugs. The two treatments seem to offer some help in combination.

It is not used for mild cases, from what I can tell simple Tylenol is the main drug used to treat mild cases.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I will take that drug in a new york minute before I get sent to a hospital and put on a ventilator. From what I understand, that is basically a one way ticket.

The way i look at it, in that situation, what does one have to lose?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will take that drug in a new york minute before I get sent to a hospital and put on a ventilator. From what I understand, that is basically a one way ticket.

Actually you'd already be in intensive care when they decide to put you on the drug.

And from what I can tell most of the people who are on ventilators are on them for a couple weeks and actually survive and leave the hospital alive!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Thats what I am saying take the drug and accept there may me side affects or take your chances and roll the dice maybe ok maybe ventilator or death. I will take the pill. Why do people with Lupis take it? Answer= because taking it is worth the risk of side affect opposed to what happens if you don't

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I will take the pill. Why do people with Lupis take it? Answer= because taking it is worth the risk of side affect opposed to what happens if you don't

That is exactly the reason I took anti-malarial drugs all those years. When I talked to my doctor about it he said that most of the side effects can be cured but there is no cure for malaria and it is a killer. He was right. They cured my stomach problems for the most part and the muscle pains and strains went away. Damn this tinnitus though.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
That is exactly the reason I took anti-malarial drugs all those years. When I talked to my doctor about it he said that most of the side effects can be cured but there is no cure for malaria and it is a killer. He was right. They cured my stomach problems for the most part and the muscle pains and strains went away. Damn this tinnitus though.

I have severe tinnitus as well, but from a different reason. One year working on the flight deck on a CV cost me my hearing and tinnitus. I would finish the shift with ear aches. I had my mother send me a block of bees wax I would stuff in my ears along with, of course, the flight deck ear muffs.

Not much can be done when the environment can peak at 130-150db. To put into perspective, that is almost as loud as a handful of Democrats squawking about Trump. :th_lmao:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I have severe tinnitus as well, but from a different reason. One year working on the flight deck on a CV cost me my hearing and tinnitus. I would finish the shift with ear aches. I had my mother send me a block of bees wax I would stuff in my ears along with, of course, the flight deck ear muffs.

Not much can be done when the environment can peak at 130-150db. To put into perspective, that is almost as loud as a handful of Democrats squawking about Trump. :th_lmao:

I too have tinnitus from working in a industrial environment all my life, No one suggested ear plugs until the late 90's. To me its white noise like the wife complaining about something, not really a problem except while talking on the phone. Background noise makes it hard to understand anything.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And for the real math geeks among us, the number of confirmed cases outside of China has more than tripled over the past week. If we continue to see a similar exponential growth rate, there will be more than a million confirmed cases outside of China just five weeks from now. Anyone want to bet on the number of cases that will be reported worldwide by mid-April? I wouldn't be the farm it will be 1,000,000 but then again I wouldn't bet against it either. It is clearly possible that we could see a MILLION infected in a matter of 5-6 weeks, despite the fact that some nations are stopping all events over 1000 people, despite the fact that France closed the Lourve Museum, despite the fact that travel restrictions have been imposed, despite the fact that the Catholic Church ordered that no masses be held in Korea until further notice, despite the fact that Japan has closed their schools for a month, despite the fact that some American universities are pulling back their foreign study students and imposing quarantines, despite the fact that airlines are stopping flights to entire nations ...

I posted the above on March 3rd, after doing some simple calculations, figured we could see 1 MILLION cases of Corona/Covid19 by the middle of April.

Here we are in the beginning of April and we are over 1,290,000 cases.

So the bad news is that I was right.

But the good news is that I was also wrong too :hammer:

Seems as though my math over estimated the number of hospital beds that will be needed, the number of ICU beds that will be needed and the number of respirators that will be needed. The other good news is that cities like New York (who's mayor should be tried for criminal negligence) and Chicago have converted major exhibition halls into temporary hospitals to try to meet the surge in required beds. With any luck, some of those beds will remain empty!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
To put into perspective, that is almost as loud as a handful of Democrats squawking about Trump. :th_lmao:

Hopefully mine never gets that bad. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I worked on oil rigs around heavy machinery for a significant part of my life so you can never be sure exactly what caused it but I can say that it began during the period I was on anti-malarial drugs.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1586118045839.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
We got our first case in our county yesterday. Contracted while traveling and confined to their home.
As for hearing loss my tinnitus and loss is from working most of 32 yrs on portable rock crushers. Been wearing hearing aids about 5 yrs now.
Mike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've got constant tinnitus in my left ear and plain old hearing loss in my right one. Comes from 10 years of working in a plywood mill coupled with a couple of good head impacts.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I am hearing that the State of Vermont is telling parents to prepare to home school kids until after Christmas break, with a possible return to classrooms in January of 2021.

Can anyone confirm this?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
just talked with my sister, she lives in southern Ca. in Laverne.
It is about 30 miles east of LA. She is telling me that at the Pomona fairgrounds the Military is set up there due to covid19 and they have Tanks. I asked her if she was sure they are Tanks and she confirmed. I am going to ask her to send me some pictures. I have herd the military was going to help but Tanks??

loboloco

The really stupid thing is that this virus could be easily contained if you could get the doctors to prescribe prophylactic doses of hydroxy chloriquin.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
just talked with my sister, she lives in southern Ca. in Laverne.
It is about 30 miles east of LA. She is telling me that at the Pomona fairgrounds the Military is set up there due to covid19 and they have Tanks. I asked her if she was sure they are Tanks and she confirmed. I am going to ask her to send me some pictures. I have herd the military was going to help but Tanks??

The National Guard?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Type in US military at Pomona fairgrounds, California. Yes, there may already be some old tanks there.
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at Bloomberg again, looks positive for the states of New York and New Jersey.
Things are starting to decline as far as new cases and deaths.
:thumbup:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
So I am hearing that the State of Vermont is telling parents to prepare to home school kids until after Christmas break, with a possible return to classrooms in January of 2021.

Can anyone confirm this?

I just watched the local news on one of the TV stations out of Burlington, VT and they made no mention of it.

I will keep my ears peeled in the morning. This would be a major development.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just watched the local news on one of the TV stations out of Burlington, VT and they made no mention of it.

I will keep my ears peeled in the morning. This would be a major development.

Do you know anyone who is a teacher in the state? They might be a good source for this? The teachers in my state are very interested!!

Looking at Bloomberg again, looks positive for the states of New York and New Jersey.
Things are starting to decline as far as new cases and deaths.
:thumbup:

This would be very good news indeed!

There seems to be some signs of hope, but caution that it is too early to tell. Still we can hope that it's peaking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52175746

On Sunday, Governor Andrew Cuomo reported 594 new deaths giving an overall total of 4,159 deaths in New York, the state hit hardest by the coronavirus so far.

He said there were now 122,000 New York residents who had been infected. But he added that nearly 75% of patients who have required hospitalisation had now been discharged.

It's too early to know if New York is currently experiencing its apex - the highest rate of infection that graphics behind Mr Cuomo referred to as "the Battle on the Mountain Top".

He also said it was too early to know if cases would drop off quickly after the apex, or if they would decline slowly - and at a rate that would still overwhelm hospitals.

"The statisticians will not give you a straight answer on anything," he said about the so-called "curve" - the chart that tracks the rate of infections.
"At first it was straight up and straight down, or a total 'V'. Or maybe its up with a plateau and we're somewhere on the plateau. They don't know."

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

Can anyone confirm this?
Gawd I hope not. We're starting homeschooling tomorrow. All online. 6 kids. 3 computers. A VERY slow internet connection that often disconnects. Should be interesting. Not to mention that my wife may have to set up a home office somewhere where she can have privacy in a house of 8. Right now, they were originally slated to go back tomorrow but that got extended to may 6th. My guts are saying see you in September.

A few days ago the provincial government announced the closure of all public parks and campgrounds. Today they closed all private campgrounds which shuts us down. As soon as the snow is gone I'm going to head out and grab the camper to bring home. Everything else can just stay there for now.

Bannedjoe

Gawd I hope not. We're starting homeschooling tomorrow. All online. 6 kids. 3 computers. A VERY slow internet connection that often disconnects. Should be interesting. Not to mention that my wife may have to set up a home office somewhere where she can have privacy in a house of 8. Right now, they were originally slated to go back tomorrow but that got extended to may 6th. My guts are saying see you in September.

A few days ago the provincial government announced the closure of all public parks and campgrounds. Today they closed all private campgrounds which shuts us down.

Dammit.