• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Order groceries online and Pickup at your local store. Our curbside grocery Pickup

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
First half of this was posted in corona virus thread also ....

Curbside grocery pickup.

Stardate: March 31st: For the first time ever I went to walmart web site last night to do a click it order. No available pick up times. they suggested there would most likely be some in the morning. So I checked and this morning I could sign up for a 4 to 5pm pick up time for tomorrow April 1st.

Most items were a limit of 2. No problem with that. Didn't try to get toilet paper but tried to get hand sanitizer Nope, sold out. Now will see how things go for pick up time tomorrow.

Side note:
So then I added to the order ...and added to the order, and added to the order. Each time I added it was another transaction for my debit card. Bank suspected fraud and called to verify that I had done the transactions. 30 minutes on hold but got the hold on my card finally lifted. Fraud protection programs can be kicked off with numerous transactions so I won't add each item separably like I did this first time.

=======================
The end result:

Click it shopping was a success. I stopped to pick up my order, they were right out with the stuff. The guy came to my window to review and tell me what was missing as they never get the whole order ...his words not mine. But then he said he about fell over. Ours was the first order that they everything on our list.

Got home an all is good. Very impressed. It stopped me from impulse buying. and I bought some stuff I normally have not due to shelf placement. Looking at all the pics of the stuff and taking time to read details made me order a couple things different than normal. Will see how that works out as we use them. But I'm sold. I will do this again for sure. Maybe as soon as next week. i do not want to go in any store for at least the next 30 days.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our local grocery chain uses InstaCart's software and allows for on-line ordering with pick-up in a special parking place in the parking lot. InstaCart runs a grocery shopping + delivery service in many cities but in more rural areas it allows grocery stores to utilize its software and the grocery store staff has an emplyee pick your order and deliver to your car.

We have used it several times.

The local chain has about a dozen stores, uses InstaCart but only brings it to your car, I frequent a few of the different stores depending upon where I am. The bigger store a couple towns north of us, across from the fencing club and the bank I frequent seems to have a lot of on-line users. When I tried to place an order for pick up at that store the next 'available' pick up time was about 5 days into the future. I switched to the store in town and was able to schedule a pick up for the same day!

The store doesn't seem to have a hard limit on items and I've been able to get high multiples of many items.

The search function on InstaCart takes some getting used to, as does the general shopping. But once you get the hang of it its not too bad. I've never tried the WalMart system because its too far to drive to the nearest WalMart for groceries, but I've heard the complaint about the "2 item limit" from other people.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Much the same here. Park in a special area, call phone number on sign and tell them which spot you are in. We live far enough out I'm sure there is no delivery to our area but it appears they do offer that feature to those close by.

Not sure what software walmart is using but it got the job done. They sure do not have all the items carried in the store available via this way of shopping but they had enough of what we needed to get us by.

Bannedjoe

When I was a kid, I remember shopping with my Mom.
She'd check out, bring the car around to the front, and the groceries would come sliding out in tubs on those roller skate wheel tracks/conveyers.
They'd load the groceries in your car for you and off you'd go!

I guess maybe we're getting back to full service, eh?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm glad that it works for you guys but it doesn't work around here. We tried it with our local grocery store and the first available pick up date was 9 days in the future. We tried with the same grocery chain 11 miles away and their first available pick up was 10 days away. I have no idea about Walmart.

We're still living on stores. My wife went on a fresh produce run tonight but didn't enter the store. She said that there were 'way too many people there for her to feel comfortable.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
We're still living on stores. My wife went on a fresh produce run tonight but didn't enter the store. She said that there were 'way too many people there for her to feel comfortable.

A lot of our local stores and pharmacies are doing seniors only hours in the mornings. You may want to see if they are doing that in your area.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A lot of our local stores and pharmacies are doing seniors only hours in the mornings. You may want to see if they are doing that in your area.

We have one supermarket that does that every day from 6-7AM and another that does it on Tue. & Thur. 7-9AM. We have used that twice now at the 6-7AM store and found it very deserted, more so the first time because we went during a snow storm. :th_lmao:

It is the only way I will step foot in a supermarket right now. There is nothing we need so bad right now as to hit a store that is crowded. Not worth the gamble.

We have all come this far now. Cannot let the guard down now.

Bamby

We have all come this far now. Cannot let the guard down now.

But we've only just begun

Before the rising sun, we fly
So many roads to choose
We'll start out walking and learn to run

Sharing horizons that are new to us
Watching the signs along the way
Talkin' it over,
Workin' together day to day

And when the evening comes, we smile
So much of life is still ahead
We'll find where there's room to grow
Yes, we've just begun and we hope
We're all here to share the other side

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
But we've only just begun

Before the rising sun, we fly
So many roads to choose
We'll start out walking and learn to run

Sharing horizons that are new to us
Watching the signs along the way
Talkin' it over,
Workin' together day to day

And when the evening comes, we smile
So much of life is still ahead
We'll find where there's room to grow
Yes, we've just begun and we hope
We're all here to share the other side

Damn, Bamby, you're a poet and don't know it!! Keep up the good work.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Yea, that's happening here too. My S-I-L goes to the old people's hour from 8am - 9 am at the grocery and the pharmacy. She says it is pretty much deserted. We may have to start doing that too but up until yesterday the evening was very quiet too. When I say "we" I mean my wife. I'm still banned from going in to town. We don't desperately need anything but it was getting to be time to replenish fresh produce. We're on day 1 our official "stay home/stay safe" order which is basically a "shelter in place" order and day 21 of our self imposed quarantine.

As I said before, it isn't too bad except for all the rain and we've supposedly got another weeks worth coming up.