• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow machine.... Home Brew

Slinky Pickle

For a number of years I dreamed of picking up a SnowTrac but so far it just hasn't worked out. So, being a bit of a tinkerer, I decided to make the best out of what I had.

I already owned a 2004 Jeep Rubicon so I spent some time in front of the CAD screen and came up with a set of tracks. Do date I've been pretty happy with them. There have been a few small design issues to deal with but all in all they have allowed me to go places I never would have considered going in the past. It's just WAY too much fun!

Well, I looked for a while on how to post a Youtube video in this forum but I didn't manage to figure it out. Any pointers?

http://youtu.be/fHZTWdPJLdM

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Very cool !

Did it take a long time to build them ?
Do you know the weight psi of the unit ?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
looks like3 the old unitracks system how about some close up pics ditto what the others said nice work.

Slinky Pickle

It runs about 2 psi on the rear and 1.7 psi on the front. I should have gone a little smaller on the sprocket diameter just to let me run in a slightly taller gear. All in all though I'm very happy and it's great fun for an old guy!

Before powder coating....

6jd8gm.jpg

And after...

2q1527n.jpg

The sprocket drive design

wkqskh.jpg

In the driveway, waiting for the snow to fall....

2n0vo75.jpg

Snowcat Pat

Now we are getting somewhere with the four-tracks.
Deep lug snowmobile tracks
I think this represents the future of cabin access snowcats.
Bravo.
-Pat

jask

Those are awesome Grant! what did you use for CAD ? and how are they holding up to side loads in the field? nice to see some video of Gods country on the forum ;)