• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stamp collecting ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ... I use to do this as a kid and thought I was pretty good at collecting . A while back my wife got a chest she inherited form her grandfolks . She never had the key and had never opened it . 20 years later Big Al comes along , heres the story and I picked the locked:w00t2::w00t2:. The stamp collection in it is off the scale !

There are countries in there that I have never heard of . It actually belonged to her Great Grandpa and was pasted down to her grandpa before she came into owning it . Most of the stamps are pre WW1 and many have no post mark on them . I have a feeling she is looking at a fortune . There are thousands of stamps . I think she should have it appaised .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn...I'd be getting that appraised if I were you. You might have a small mint sitting in that chest.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Damn...I'd be getting that appraised if I were you. You might have a small mint sitting in that chest.

If you knew her Grandfather , you would understand . That man never did anything or bought anything that did not go up in value , BIG TIME !!!!.

She will never get rid of it as it will be passed along to our daughter . I just hope the daughter realizes what she is getting .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
:ermm: I just had a vision of all those guys I see on that show "Pawn Stars" who inherit something of value and don't realize what they have so they walk in to the shop hoping to make a quick buck. Hope this doesn't happen with the stamps.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
:ermm: I just had a vision of all those guys I see on that show "Pawn Stars" who inherit something of value and don't realize what they have so they walk in to the shop hoping to make a quick buck. Hope this doesn't happen with the stamps.

I don't think it will . Our daughter is well aware who her Grandfather and great grand father was . Her G Granddad was one of the few men that ever turned down the Queen of England for Knighthood . He once owned "Pig Island" in the Bahama's . I was there when Mick Jagger was our neighbor ,after pieces had beed sold off . Its now called Atlantis now . Before that her great grand father owned 70 % of all of Nassua .
Yea ,,, she is old family ..... but you would never know it .

Right after I met her she took me to Nassua . I was told by the biggest black guy I ever saw , that if I hurt her ,my life was shit .He just happened to be the biggest drug dealer in the Bahamas . Still is .. He meant it too . He offered us his 110 ' yacht for a week in the out islands but my future wife refused . Don't want to be ownin favors to a drug dealer .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think it will . Our daughter is well aware who her Grandfather and great grand father was . Her G Granddad was one of the few men that ever turned down the Queen of England for Knighthood . He once owned "Pig Island" in the Bahama's . I was there when Mick Jagger was our neighbor ,after pieces had beed sold off . Its now called Atlantis now . Before that her great grand father owned 70 % of all of Nassua .
Yea ,,, she is old family ..... but you would never know it .

Right after I met her she took me to Nassua . I was told by the biggest black guy I ever saw , that if I hurt her ,my life was shit .He just happened to be the biggest drug dealer in the Bahamas . Still is .. He meant it too . He offered us his 110 ' yacht for a week in the out islands but my future wife refused . Don't want to be ownin favors to a drug dealer .
Good idea it would be my luck i borrowed the yacht and the coast guard or dea would pinch me with some of his merchandise still on board.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think Stamp collecting is not as popular as it used to be. I remember getting bags of assorted stamps as a kid and sorting through them for "special" ones. The stamps from African countries were always pretty cool.

I have my Dad's stamp collection from when he was a boy and it has some old Canadian stamps. I'm just going to do the same as you Al - pass it along.