• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Muskeg + J5's Wood 2014

J5 Bombardier

Thought I would post some pics of the Muskeg /log loader, that I've been tinkering around with for the past 6 YEARS ! Happy with the results, only change after I'm done splitting wood, will be to swap the belt driven Hyd pump to direct on the crank, the pto floor pump works fine. Log loader works great, added a seat on the mast, great view when loading .
J5 Bombardier

Attachments

• Jan-Feb-2014 329.jpg
    Jan-Feb-2014 329.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 370
  • Jan-Feb-2014 343.jpg
    Jan-Feb-2014 343.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 366
  • Jan-Feb-2014 355.jpg
    Jan-Feb-2014 355.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 372

akimp

Great photos. I wanted to run a 48" hyd. brush hog on the front of my J5 and was wondering what configuration you were going to install on your muskeg. Would a direct drive off of the crank have a clutch to disengage when your the hyd. were not in use?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Woo Hoo !!! :clap:

Great to see your Muskeg out in the snow ! That loader is excellent.
I'm glad to hear it's working well .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Great photos. I wanted to run a 48" hyd. brush hog on the front of my J5 and was wondering what configuration you were going to install on your muskeg. Would a direct drive off of the crank have a clutch to disengage when your the hyd. were not in use?
you don't need a clutch you use a dry valve that essentially works like an unloader on a compressor and just keeps the pump from making pressure or robbing any power .

J5 Bombardier

Thanks Akimp and Pixie for the comments. Like my first J5 the pump will be direct drive off the crank no clutch. Live hydraulics, with the ability to winch while moving is a must for myself, the 16 gallon pump on the j5(with flathead) does not have any noticeable drop in power compared to my other J5.
J5 Bombardier:smile:

J5 Bombardier

On the home stretch splitting wood, then the Muskeg goes to bed for the summer. Log clam has been a nice addition, my back never felt so good ! J5 Bombardier :hammer:

Attachments

• assorted pics spring 2014 033.JPG
    assorted pics spring 2014 033.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 278

jask

Very NICE!! I want to go get my firewood with you guys and all that fine machinery.... almost looks like fun:biggrin:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that a built in splitter on the back of the trailer?? Ingenious if that's what it is and the picker can reach back that far!!

J5 Bombardier

I turned the wood splitter sideways, wheels on the ends, bolted the trailer to it. There is a chain (hyd) driven gate that pushes the wood toward the splitter. Don't want anybody getting slapped by the clam when splitting. It was the quickest idea I could come up with on short notice. At 13 feet, a little tight coming out the garage door. J5 Bombardier