• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2100 in nome

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
made a trip to newton repeater site today to retrieve batterys for the ham club. we are building a new repeater and shelter. so after the job was done i called up my wife and took her for a ride up there. we tooled around teh top a bit she had never been up there before

Attachments

• Donny's Iphone 009.jpg
    Donny's Iphone 009.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Donny's Iphone 013.jpg
    Donny's Iphone 013.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Donny's Iphone 008.jpg
    Donny's Iphone 008.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Donny's Iphone 018.jpg
    Donny's Iphone 018.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Donny's Iphone 022.jpg
    Donny's Iphone 022.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Donny's Iphone 049.jpg
    Donny's Iphone 049.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 290

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don,
we must think somewhat alike. I to went up to a ham repeater site yesterday. we plowed the road so the county could drive up and start work on the tower.
not as impressive as yours. we were in the fog . deer and cougar tracks on the road and some wind damage to the county stuff. amature stuff was fine except the loose wind damage county stuff is causing interference on the amature stuff .
jim

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yes it's my trail funny the state went up to do some work disconnected the amateur antenna on an empty tower, and used the amateur battery's to power their new narrow band repeater. we are now done with sharing the site we will be building our own shelter and antenna mast keeping our stuff separate from state funded s@r equipment.

nikos

made a trip to newton repeater site today, i called up my wife and took her for a ride up there. we tooled around teh top a bit she had never been up there before

Don. Nice romantic snow ride, in the "Penthouse" of the 2100:brows::brows:

Regards Nikos

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I pulled Bob and Al last night the fuel gauge is a broke so I took the data on the machine and have been watching consumption on time. when I filled the tank it only too 20 gallons which for a weekend of catting puts fuel consumption right there at the same as the snow trac.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
here of some new photos of our repeater deployment the shelter is built out of a tote. we have a half ton of battery's in the bottom we are planning on early next week going back up to install the radio and antenna solar charger.

Attachments

• DSCN1093.jpg
    DSCN1093.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN1101.jpg
    DSCN1101.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN1102.jpg
    DSCN1102.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN1089.jpg
    DSCN1089.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 166

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like it is getting plenty of fuel, or not enough air with the black smoke. Not sure it should be that way? You would think the turbo would keep the air to it...

Or were you lugging in it hard?

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
it's not a high pressure turbo, and there is no air fuel control on the pump it becomes like a p7100 pump with the fuel plate removed. once I get my hands on a fnh manual i.m going to look at a tune up and new injectors see if I cant tone down the smoke under full fuel and heavy loads.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
some pics from my trip out of town to rescue a gt 2000. it was a 30 hour trip, the first picture is the river crossing at safety this is the reason I drove it the whole way. I had about 6 miles of this crap than the road was gravel again all the way to the east fork crossing at the crossing it was a trip up the north fork of the Solomon river for about 15 miles to get to the gt 2000 on the hill. while waiting for the parts for Brutis, I'm going back on quads finish getting It started than hope to get it dug out the following weekend. while up there I blew out a tire and burned off a left hand steering band when a master cylinder for the foot brake stuck on. the state should be opening the road this weekend I hope to be able to trailer all the way to where I leave the road.

Attachments

• IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 122