• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2100 makes its first $

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it's a long time coming took Brutis out or a test drive Monday evening, and had a call for work on Tuesday night about 8 miles from town. one of the miners wanted a pad plowed so sun could get through the ice I will say this that rig can push a lot of snow it never slowed down, also when running in high gear there is no use for a back window, you look out the back it looks like a micro blizzard behind you. I had a successful 3.5 hour trip the Thiokol ran flawlessly and un like every Bombardier product I have driven the 2100's heater cranks. I found on a long trip the center seating position is nice, and for one person the cab was roomy with enough room to stretch out.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 316

nikos

[quote I found on a long trip the center seating position is nice, and for one person the cab was roomy with enough room to stretch out.[/quote]

Don I think the seating position is nice, and for another reason.
You are much higher than in ST4. Like you drive a Jeep 4X4, you can see the ice road, from a defferent angle.

Regards Nikos

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
this is by the way 9:30 pm Alaska time you can see why I like the spring snow season so much there is time to ride after work.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Forgot this one, the view from the drivers seat on the way out of town .I was amazed how nice and straight this machine drives, with a hand throttle it would be like auto pilot on these long straight stretches this pic is from about a half mile out on the bering sea.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 281

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good there Don. Your farming ice, and for the past few days we have been farming dirt! Nice machine, wonder if you will start going by Thiokol Nome....

Regards, Kirk

jask

Great pictures! tell us a little about how it performed- cruising speed/revs, gph, any nuances or surprises? that sure is a good looking machine.
Now that you have one for work and one for play, I can see how some guys end up with a harem of these machines:smile:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
fuel consumption is supposed tpo be around 1.5 gph but i haven't checked it yet the ride is pretty nice it also tracks real streight. once i was running i could stop and dig out a snack with no hands to steer it does work pretty hard trying to steer on hard pack. i found while making passes back and forth i needed to steer right on one end than left at the other if i kept going the same way the bands would get hot and not be so effective.the noise level is kind of high but not untolarable. top speed is about 10 mph i'm planning to install a np205 transfercase back ward this summer for tall overdrive i'm hoping for aaround 20 mph un loaded on smooth ground the 380 turbo fnh diesel has plenty of power and torgue it has no problem out pushing a 450 john deere. i have a possable job pulling blocks tomorrow so maybe i can get some one to go along tho take some video. u tube lacks video on 2100's i also have a repeater and shelter to take to a hill top there will be some video of that trip.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I noticed the snow trac in one picture .was this to transport more people or you leaving brutis on site? looks like you took a shortcut across the ice to the location.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
not my snow trac Vernon just had to have one after riding in mine last year. that one was brought up here by blue water marine it looks to be in good condition but does still need a bit of work

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
by the way Jim I was at another site thee other day and found 12 inches of ice will support the 2100

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I took a ride out to gold hill and did some hill climbing with it last night. I wanted to shoot some video, but no one wanted to go with me because of the wind. I'm here to say what that thing will climb is impressive.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
lets see ,if brutis is the heavy one would pee wee be the snow trac?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the vitus marine guys gave the snow trac it's name the little red snowtrac that could or little red for short. peewee sounds like a good name for Big Al's krusty

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
thanks I've been trying to get ahold of you but for the life of me I can't remember why now guess I'm suffering from CRS. I will tell you I love the machine the only change I would make is it needs a wider cab for two people.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don, my stupid idea of the week.
paint advertisement on brutis and make a few more bucks. contact starbucks with a few photos???