• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

vintagebike

We are looking for suggestions for fun things, games and special happenings that you do (or maybe don't ) want to see during the 4 day event coming to McCall, Idaho February 23-26 , 2017. We hope to see 50+ cats! ?????
Steve and crew

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
It's only a 12 hour drive so I will be there I'll see if I can drag WakeuoCall with me.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to throw somethings out. Just thinking out loud here:

If getting a cat ride to some snow to ski/board is possible that would be epic for some of us.

Maybe some cat proving grounds on the steep and deep to see who the real king of the hill is? Not sure how to handicap the Pontoon tuckers to make it fair though.

A ride in a Kristi moving under it's own power would be historic.

Driving skills? I know backing my tucker on to a trailer/groomer/drags is a challenge. Kind like the brady bunch driving contest with the cone and egg?

Something to lure in the attention of the kids and significant others who maybe in tow and allow us to live with this addition? Nice view, picnic lunch, fire for warmth and not an all day time commitment?

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
It's about 550 miles from Puget Sound - so not bad compared to other folks. As a local, where are we going to park 50 trucks and trailers? I've been looking at lodging and I don't see any with large parking areas so far. Do you have any ideas on lodging or places you think might work and be somewhat secure?

Thank you for all the hard work, Dan

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Couple of ideas for consideration.

ID board. Pix of cat, name of owner, basic stats. We had people asking about certain cats at Meow I, and trying to remember everyone...

A "Grand Parade" get a good quality video camera, or two, and get a video of all the cats driving by. either by age, or make or?

hope to be there.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to throw somethings out. Just thinking out loud here:

If getting a cat ride to some snow to ski/board is possible that would be epic for some of us.

Maybe some cat proving grounds on the steep and deep to see who the real king of the hill is? Not sure how to handicap the Pontoon tuckers to make it fair though.

A ride in a Kristi moving under it's own power would be historic.

Driving skills? I know backing my tucker on to a trailer/groomer/drags is a challenge. Kind like the brady bunch driving contest with the cone and egg?

Something to lure in the attention of the kids and significant others who maybe in tow and allow us to live with this addition? Nice view, picnic lunch, fire for warmth and not an all day time commitment?

humm, wanting historic? leaving my tucker at home and BRINGING my KT3, and yes, I will be giving rides to anyone brave enough to jump in!!!

Mr vintage bike has and continues to spend countless hours putting together this event and it will be EPIC. A grand gathering of sno cats and their care takers. Mccall is beautiful and the sno is Great!

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I've noticed they have a couple of different ski areas and terrain parks. Are we planning to base out of any one in particular?

vintagebike

We will based in town using two great hotels owned by a local family. I am working on parking logistics with the city and getting arrangements made with our gitney bus service to help out. We will need a bunch of trailer loading/unloading wranglers to make it go more smoothly. Local police and fire are onboard for security and emergency medical services. Looking at snowmobile side trips to Burgdorf Hot Springs and maybe site seeing in a ski equipped Bushplane. There is also the indoor ice rink in the middle of town for skating and for hockey and ice skating shows. So far I have not seen any snowcats on frozen Payette Lake but maybe next year? :w00t2: Steve and crew.

Sno-Surfer

This is sounding really great. Happy to help out if there's anything I can do.
I started coming down with a serious snow cat fever yesterday. :biggrin:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
All these opportunities to hang out with coolest folk on the planet... Hmmm...

vintagebike

Event Poster Glamor shots

Scott Anderson , the artist doing the McCallin' All Cats 2017 event advertising poster asked us to post pics of our snow cats that will be coming. His brother just bought one of Bogus Basin's (near Boise) vintage Tucker cats and he would like to see some more examples of the many models and manufactures. The original acrylic of the poster will be available as well as limited signed special editions. These will all be very affordable. McCall 2017 Crew

vintagebike

image.jpeg
One of Scott Anderson's paintings.

Plans call for the first night to be under the lights at Little Ski Hill. We will have the area all to ourselves.

We're excited about the event and using the opportunity to toss our Tucker hauler into action. Gonna be a blast!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Tucker : Truck.jpg
    Tucker : Truck.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,359

vintagebike

I haven't seen the station wagon around town . But there still is a pay phone just like in the picture. I think the kids inherited the house on the lake.

vintagebike

Not quite yet, the two managers are working on their best rates but it's still high season in McCall so they are pretty busy. Should have it all set by August 15-20. McCall 2017 crew

vintagebike

Room rates and booking info for two of the nicest and most Snow Cat friendly hotels in McCall, the Holiday Inn Hunt Lodge and the Best Western Plus McCall Lodge , "should" be ready by this coming Tuesday, August 23. Summer season is winding down and folks in town are now almost ready to plan for Winter. McCall Crew:hammer:

vintagebike

Event Poster rough cut

First rough sketch by event artist Scott Anderson. That is "Sophie", a 1949 owned by Bill Guthie a few years ago , then she was stationed in Steamboat Springs before coming to McCall in early 2012. McCall Crew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm booked at Best Western..sounds like they are coming from "all over".

vintagebike

Ask for Jacob at the Hunt Lodge 208-634-4700 and Jessica at Best Western 208-634-2230. They asked that you make sure to say you are with the McCallin' All Cats group. Many folks are planning on the full day outing on Sunday and staying to leave on Monday. Thursday afternoon and evening will be very special. More soon. :w00t2: McCall Crew

vintagebike

And we all thank Jinn for the wise and sage advice. We have a special prize for the Snow Cat coming from farthest away. Planes on skis don't count. :unsure:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
My plan is to arrive the 22nd leave the 27th. May be part of a "convoy" from western Colorado.

vintagebike

logistics

We are working on parking and transport. Things are now flexible till a good estimate on the number of cats and participants gets more clear. McCall crew

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the Wake up Call's are on board..so I'm wondering if there are any other western Colorado 'cats heading to McCall on or about the 22nd of February? We got the start of a convoy here..let me know.