• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Tires!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
The Crown V was running pretty rough suspension-wise. The tires that were on were crappy Pep Boy brand. Well Im ALL about tires. They make a big difference ya know. :smile:
So, not having any frekin money, I decide to go in back of one of the Ford dealerships because the have used tires. I ask the parts guy if its ok for me to grab a few. After seaching for 20 minutes for decent tires at the right size I find 4 decent Michelins! :w00t2:

I take em and go to WalMart... have em popped on for $50 and Im good to go! :thumb:
The car rides MUCH better!! Im good for about 7 - 10 thousand miles. :bounce:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I decide to go in back of one of the Ford dealerships because the have used tires. I ask the parts guy if its ok for me to grab a few. After seaching for 20 minutes for decent tires at the right size I find 4 decent Michelins! :w00t2:

I take em and go to WalMart... have em popped on for $50 and Im good to go! :thumb:
The car rides MUCH better!! Im good for about 7 - 10 thousand miles. :bounce:

You should of made them do it for nothing since they were your tires and you do buy other things when shop at Walmart.... Man $50 bucks to have 4 of your own tires mounted, balanced and new valve stems seems a little steep when you also buy a coke from them while you are waiting:w00t2:

:poke:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you did ok Sush. 4 tires for $50. :thumb: I usually spend $125-150 for ONE tire. I make them last 25K, if I can.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
You probably could have saved a couple bucks if you told them to use the old air in the tires. The markup on new air is pretty steep, and is pretty much a rip-off. Of course, if you really wanted new air, you could have brought in your own and just have them install it for you. :poke:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
:(

I just found out that Im not getting a tax return of $670. :(
I thought I only owed $400 (Ive been pay them off) and I was looking forward to getting $200. PLUS it looks like they decided that I owe $750 for the NEXT year!!!!!!!! So they took the rest of the money and put it toward that. I dont ever remember owing anywhere NEAR that. What does THAT mean?!?!? Im not going to get my Stimulus check EITHER!
I was counting on that dough to offset what I paid for the Crown Vic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soapbox::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Sushi, in your situation you should never buy anything if you don't have the cash in-hand. Never count on future cash, only future bills.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi, in your situation you should never buy anything if you don't have the cash in-hand. Never count on future cash, only future bills.

:( yup :( guess so. Im screwed. I need to sell that damn Camry FAST!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to mention that I would have sold the ricer first, then bought something else, but I really don't want to dump on you today. You have a lot of stuff to deal with, so start dealing.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I wasnt going to sell the Camry first without something else to drive.

I feel like just going into my bedroom locking the door and going to sleep.... for a very very long time :cry:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Aww, knock it off.

First, selling a car usually takes time, buying one doesn't. That's why you can unload the old car, after days of trying to find a buyer, and then go buy another one within 15mins. AND, you might have actually had a little cash in-hand to buy that next clunker!!

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
So, Ichy, just out of curiosity, is your ass better lookin than HIS face?

Seriously...

seeing as how you are getting all this fatherly advice.....

What are you doing to try to sell the Camry?
What is wrong with it?
Are you upside down on it?

Take it AND the Crown Vic, trade them both in on something better (relatively speaking) and start over.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
The Crown is worth more than you paid for it, sell it and bank the extra bucks... The ricer prob. gets better gas mileage, so stick with that since you are upside down on it.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
What are you doing to try to sell the Camry?
What is wrong with it?
Are you upside down on it?

I owe around $10,500 on it. Its probably worth around that but its no huge bargin either. Nothing is wrong with it. Its great! I took very good care of it. :thumb:

Aww, knock it off.

This whole damn thing is depressing man. I was doing just peachy until today when I got the news regarding the taxes. I need to offload the Camry OR make some green on the Crown Vic.

The Crown is worth more than you paid for it, sell it and bank the extra bucks... The ricer prob. gets better gas mileage, so stick with that since you are upside down on it.

I'll put the Vic in Craigslist tomorrow too :neutral:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
around here that would be a bargain! I think flats now are $14 if you dont have to take the tire off

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I owe around $10,500 on it. Its probably worth around that but its no huge bargin either. Nothing is wrong with it. Its great! I took very good care of it. :thumb:

This whole damn thing is depressing man. I was doing just peachy until today when I got the news regarding the taxes. I need to offload the Camry OR make some green on the Crown Vic.

Why not the Camry too?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

When you sell the Crown for a profit, you will be singing a pretty happy tune!:brows:

Just remember to put it all on the bills and then look for another good deal. If you spend it before paying the bills, your gain will turn into a real Nightmare...

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
you done well with the tires Sushi.....have you posted any piccy's of the crown yet??

hang in there your luck will change.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I havent posted any photos yet. I want to drive it to a nice background so she can model :smile: Im falling in love with my Vic. :in_love: Its a great car now that she is running well and driving well. Now she needs a little plastic surgury to get her sexy! :brows:

Yeah, and what about eBay?

I dont dont know how to sell on Ebay. Not sure if I trust that venue. :ermm: