• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Getting your feet stuck in the mud, or concrete

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
picture.php

Ok, not really... The tires were worn out and I had to cut them like that to grind out the steel belting so I could get them off the rims, they are solid tires and don't get flats and are a pain to replace... But I thought they looked funny sitting on the floor. Funny when I posted them else where, people thought they were reall in the concrete! :whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Solid or foam filled tires are great as long as you are not the sucker changing them. I knew one outfit that just replaced the rim and tire when they got real bad. By that I mean they were painful to run unless you were lifting real heavy stuff. They would end up missing big chunks and it was worse than a flat.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I had them sitting on the floor and they just looked funny so I put them there and took a photo! Got a lot of people thinking that I really pulled them out of the rims!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Maybe I'll put the tired by the road and putt a sign up, "Danger! Quicksand"!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
them solid tires are a pain they make a press to break them down i had to send some to anchorage and bj's still bent 1 wheel we replaced them with ttubed tires yes i now have to do an occasional tire repair but i can do it with hammers and bars now

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
them solid tires are a pain they make a press to break them down i had to send some to anchorage and bj's still bent 1 wheel we replaced them with ttubed tires yes i now have to do an occasional tire repair but i can do it with hammers and bars now

Yep, the tread was just plain gone, the sidewalks were breaking down and I replaced them with tubes and tires! Much easier unless your in a high flat enviroment! But the solid "any" type tires are a pain! Very few people have the proper equipment or know how to change them. When I was cutting these open to cut the thread, I had all sorts of suggestions on how to do them, but it was clear they were being helpful, but they were truely cluess to what I was doing.

Using soapy water (lots of soap) is the best Lubricant. One "Expert" kept telling me to use WD-40, so I let him try and it just gummed up the blade on the sawsall! But i cut them that way so you can get access to the steel belting, which you cut diaginally with a grinder, once that was done a razor knife will cut the last few inches down to the rim easily!l

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Can't believe how many people thought this was real!

I guess I shouldn't do serious humor with real photos! :yum: