• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is the third pedal for?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WRONG answers only!!!! :D

Attachments

• WhatIsTheThirdPedalFor.jpg
    WhatIsTheThirdPedalFor.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 249

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's your emergency brake. If you're going to crash, press the pedal to the floor.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The one on the right is the "go faster" pedal. The one on the left is the "hold on to your hollyhocks" pedal. It releases the nitro into the engine.

snowstorm

GOLD Site Supporter
Even better I still have a f100 with a 3 on the tree now that’s theft proof as far as today’s kids go

jwstewar

That's the truth. Try selling a vehicle with manual tranny, you cut potential buyers by 90%. :bonk:

I actually just bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with a 6 speed manual from a buddy of mine as a commuter vehicle. He had it for sale for 8 months at least for sale. No one even interested in it. I got to the point that it was time to retire my old Accord. He ended up making me a really good deal on it, now I have to teach the others in the family to drive it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That will be good or all of them to learn.
I had buddies at work that could not drive a standard. :pat: I thought all guys could drive a standard but most gals could not.

So when it was time for my kids to learn I taught them all on a standard shift honda civic we had. Best time to learn is when they are young. So my number 2 daughter got the civic for her first car. Drove it a few years and time came to upgrade. I was a regular at Columbus auto auctions at that time so we went to a few and finally won the bid on one we liked. My daughter was with my wife and I but I drove the car home just to check it out.

On the way home our daughter told my wife she's a little nervous about this new car. When asked why she said, it's an automatic. I've never driven one like that. :yum: She got used to that real quick but they'll never forget how to drive a manual tranny. :D It's much like riding a bike, once you've learned how, you never forget.

jwstewar

I didn't forget, but I gotta admit, I wasn't the smoothest at it after almost 25 years of not driving one regularly.