• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Stock Market is Nuts!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow, can you believe this? All this based on two pieces of good news. Workers wages are going up (The awful FED calls it wage pressure) and the economy added 200K jobs. Ouch. gonna feel the pinch on my investments come tomorrow, if I dare to look. :yum:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 3.37.20 PM.png

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm watching it as we speak. Still down over 1000 points. Yep, this (coupled with last Friday's losses) is going to hurt and pretty much wipe out all the January gains. The NASDAQ is down 2% today so that's not going to hurt as much as the DJIA 4% loss.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder why?? I can't imagine it's tied to the chairman of the FED not being renewed another term, but the timing sure fits.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple years back I made the decision to let my stocks ride and purchased some I felt were way undervalued, Essentially borrowed from myself for living expenses. It was a good move. At the time the market was around 16,000. I'm concerned but not in panic mode.

As of now I see this as a market correction. If I had some loose cash I'd be buying.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple years back I made the decision to let my stocks ride and purchased some I felt were way undervalued, Essentially borrowed from myself for living expenses. It was a good move. At the time the market was around 16,000. I'm concerned but not in panic mode.

As of now I see this as a market correction. If I had some loose cash I'd be buying.
Yes, a correction for an over inflated Market. More to come surely,,,;it ain't over.

Hang on.

rugerman

Today I watched the markets huge drop and I got really depressed so I jumped out of our bedroom window, since we live in a single story house on a slab all I did as possibly brushed my ankle, cured my depression right up. Not making light of the bad couple of days for the market, just figured we all could use a little humor. This too shall pass .

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Today I watched the markets huge drop and I got really depressed so I jumped out of our bedroom window, since we live in a single story house on a slab all I did as possibly brushed my ankle, cured my depression right up. Not making light of the bad couple of days for the market, just figured we all could use a little humor. This too shall pass .

Robo selling caused a lot of the problem. Market drops so much in a length of time, the sell software kicks in and you have what we had today. My portfolio is very conservative so my losses would be minimized so we ride it out.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
See how fast it happened? Machine trading.
Nothing is wiped out until you sell.
A little disappointed In Trump; he said he was going to do something about machine trading. I guess he's been busy with all the other crap going on.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
10 days later and the market has rebounded some. Not back to 26000 but it's back in the green for year to date.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm about 50k from my biggest day.
Been a great year!
My brexit pair are more than double.
I waited too long this time to buy more. I figured at least a couple of days of heavy drops.
Oh well, next time.

rugerman

From the worst day I was down a whole bunch, since the turn around I have already gained back half of my loses, hope it continues.