• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Google Earth

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I go on there every now and then. Hadn't been on in months. I decided to check it out on my phone tonight. Looks like they've done some cool updates which includes 3d images. Awesome. I can now cruise around the whole city where I live.
b335646264c79d9ce5c39dbda3e8cbbb.jpg

I also checked out the church where I play.
d6aaf7bafc128c591e9f36218286354c.jpg

Just for fun. I checked out a few out of the way places out in the woods and same thing. Cool feature.

living the dream

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I use Google Earth, not a lot but quite often. I visit the places of my childhood, places that I've worked and lived all over the world in order to see what they look like now. It's a phenomenal program and absolutely mind boggling in its vast scale.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I use Google Earth, not a lot but quite often. I visit the places of my childhood, places that I've worked and lived all over the world in order to see what they look like now. It's a phenomenal program and absolutely mind boggling in its vast scale.

I've done that as well. Being from Detroit going through the neighborhoods I grew up in brings a tear to my eye, it looks like a war zone. The house I grew up in was burned down, along with a number of others homes that I knew in my youth.

I've used it for other things too, but haven't been on it for a bit. I'll have to check it out soon.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
We played "Geoguesser" on Thanksgiving. They drop you on a road anywhere in the world ( where Google Earth or streetview has been) and you have to figure out where you are. It was fun.

They have sort of ticked me off because they show a road on my land that is a logging road/snowmobile trail behind a gate. No need to point out every little thing or encourage the trespassers in trucks.