• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Unstable at any speed

Eric L

Site Supporter
or was it "unsafe"?...oh yeah, that was the Corvair, ...but we all heard about how Jeeps were prone to rolling over, well I'm here to tell ya it's true. 'course ya gotta work at it

:oops:

Attachments

• ooops4-15-00small.jpg
    ooops4-15-00small.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 387
  • cj5roll1.jpg
    cj5roll1.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 381

Eric L

Site Supporter
Junkman said:
No question that this was staged!!!!!!

I should work in the movies, huh? ...Tell that to the guy in the passenger seat

found some more buried on my HD

Attachments

• DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 09010097smalldark.jpg
    09010097smalldark.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 06090081L.jpg
    06090081L.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 355

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
ok Eric,
I may be a complete moron ,but why in the hell would anybody do something like that !!! To me that is a complete waste of a beautiful machine !!:confused2:

Eric L

Site Supporter
BigAl said:
ok Eric,
I may be a complete moron ,but why in the hell would anybody do something like that !!! To me that is a complete waste of a beautiful machine !!:confused2:

The base for that rig was a rusty, previously abused CJ-5 that I traded a set of tires for.

That didn't hurt it. was built for it. the roll cage lives on in another rig. the powertrain is awaiting a solid rust free body and frame...all of which is sitting in the "man Cave" at this very moment. Rev 2 will be shiney(er) and purdy(er).

all of those pictures are older, in 2001 I widened it and took a lot of weight off the topside... never had that problem again. I'll admit I was getting tired of flipping it back over.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hope I did not offend you !!! That was not my intention .It just kills me to see a beautiful machine get damaged .

:tiphat:

Eric L

Site Supporter
Here's my first Jeep and my buddy Dan driving it...he's from Wisconsin, so he drove it like a sled all day, breaking trail for two lesser rigs ...he finally broke an axle and thats as far as we made it that day.

Attachments

• 01150008smaller.jpg
    01150008smaller.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 01160002smaller.jpg
    01160002smaller.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 345
  • 01150012small.jpg
    01150012small.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 345

Eric L

Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Hope I did not offend you !!! That was not my intention .It just kills me to see a beautiful machine get damaged .

:tiphat:

's OK, none taken. I drive Fords, Jeeps, and a Tucker...I got a thick skin.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Personally, I think that Jeep just got tired and rolled over for a rest - though perhaps on the other hand it just wanted it's tummy tickled.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
Personally, I think that Jeep just got tired and rolled over for a rest - though perhaps on the other hand it just wanted it's tummy tickled.

Hmmm, I was thinking that's just how they slept. :D

Good pics Eric. Keep em coming, I know I sure enjoy them. :thumb:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
They don't like to sleep like that, it is too cold, they like a nice warm barn and company and they like to be on all four wheels! Resting is ok, but sleeping - no. Anyway, how do you know that it didn't just want its tummy tickled?

russellmn

I think I've seen my own rigs on their top more than I care to.
Nice lookin CJ, where were the crawlin pics taken???

Eric L

Site Supporter
russellmn said:
I think I've seen my own rigs on their top more than I care to.
Nice lookin CJ, where were the crawlin pics taken???

Thanks.. the rock pics are all around the Rubicon area... mud and snow pics are Mendocino NF in northern CA

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
russellmn said:
I wanna run just to say I have.

You should.......It's a trip that every wheelin' person should make:thumb:

So let us know when you're comin' out, we're only 45 mins away from the trail!!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
humor_me said:
Hey Eric, That first rollover pic, do I see some lights on the underside of the Jeep? What are they for?

I guess I didn't see them either and now you got me wondering what they are for??

humor_me

thcri said:
I guess I didn't see them either and now you got me wondering what they are for??

I guess in Texas, maybe to keep from stepping out on a rattler. But who knows, do they rockcrawl at night?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
They are rock lights so you can Go on rough trails and see where to place your tires at night.. On the rocks. They come in very handy..