• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Harley Davidson and Millennials

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Harley Davidson is Closing many of its Plants Due to Declining Sales. Apparently, the Baby-Boomers all have motorcycles, and Generation X is only buying a very few, and the next generation, the Millennials, aren’t buying any at all.

A recent study was conducted to find out why

Here are the reasons why Millennials don't ride motorcycles, and why sales are down:
1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat.
2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.
3. Can't use 2 hands to eat while driving.
4. They don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one.
5. Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped.
6 Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency care.
7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning.
8. They can't afford one because they spent 12 years in college trying to get a degree in Humanities, Social Studies or Gender Studies for which no jobs are available.
9. They are allergic to fresh air.
10. Their pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.
11. They might get their hands dirty checking the oil.
12. The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen.
13. You have to shift manually and use something called a clutch.
14. It's too hard to take selfies while riding.
15. They don't come with training wheels like their bicycles did.
16. Motorcycles don't have power steering or power brakes.
17. Their nose ring interferes with the face shield.
18. They would have to use leg muscle to back up.
19. When they stop, a light breeze might blow exhaust in their face.
20 It could rain on them and expose them to non-soft water.
21. It might scare their therapy dog, and then the dog would need therapy.
22. Their man bun wont fit under a helmet.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Every reason was funnier than the prior reason!

Bamby

Unfortunately it's also pretty much sums up the reason they also can't be found on bicycle's, less the US made of course.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I take exception to #15. I knew a Harley rider who had "training Wheels" on his bike. His legs were too short to reach the ground when he pulled up to a stop so he had "stabilizer wheels" that deployed below a certain mph. He could sit at a red light with his feet on the pegs, open the throttle and move off and the wheels came back up. He took a lot of heat for it but it worked for him.

As for the rest of them, who gives a shit about Millennials. :boxing:

Bamby

I take exception to #15. I knew a Harley rider who had "training Wheels" on his bike. His legs were too short to reach the ground when he pulled up to a stop so he had "stabilizer wheels" that deployed below a certain mph. He could sit at a red light with his feet on the pegs, open the throttle and move off and the wheels came back up. He took a lot of heat for it but it worked for him.

I was always under the impression that all those three wheeled Harley's were built for lazy riders who never learned or intend to learn to ride on two. :unsure:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was always under the impression that all those three wheeled Harley's were built for lazy riders who never learned or intend to learn to ride on two. :unsure:
Everyone I've ever knew that had one was physically disabled.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

As for myself, I would have gone with a trike as the group I rode with back in the day would have been insufferable. :yum::yum::th_lmao::th_lmao:

Bamby

Everyone I've ever knew that had one was physically disabled.

Yea you may be right. One day I was a sitting around along Ohio 60 at our campsite and some poker runs were going on. Now I carry a bit of extra myself so I tend to tread pretty lightly. But many if not most of the Harley riders made me feel thin and it was mostly the fattest ones that seemed to straddle the three wheeler's and frankly they look pretty silly.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Millennial Harley:

B55YD4NCCZGZ5KWHHGDHUE7GSY.png