• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is living off the Grid now a crime?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting older story with videos. :ermm:

Apparently living off the grid, off the land and without government assistance is now a crime that can land you in jail and cause you to lose your home.
Government officials across the country are forming so called “nuisance abatement teams” to intimidate people into giving up their land or conforming to the governments demands and hooking back into the grid. Counties across the country are actually jailing people for living the way they want to live.
I was alerted to this video by a reader and was troubled and sickened by what the poor people in the California Desert are being forced to deal with. From being threatened with jail time if they don’t hook back into the grid to being thrown in jail because the county didn’t like the look of their homes, the people in the deserts of Los Angeles County are being terrorized by their government.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3RiMdS7sE&feature=player_embedded"]Battle for the California Desert: Why is the Government Driving Folks off Their Land? - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U7Yy-roIT1A

It’s a sad day when living off your own land becomes a crime. Please spread the word.
http://offgridsurvival.com/livingoffthegridcrime/

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay... well that sucks for them. I keep telling myself that I'd meet them at the door with a 12 guage, but who knows how we would act when faced with a bunch of guys with guns and bullet proof vests.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay... well that sucks for them. I keep telling myself that I'd meet them at the door with a 12 guage, but who knows how we would act when faced with a bunch of guys with guns and bullet proof vests.
Exactly. :thumb:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
two things come to mind if too many people drop off the grid this will cost those on it much moore. but here in my town some folks are off city services for non payment so there garbage and human waste are being dumped in their yard in a densly populated area this could cause health risks to more than the residents of the property.i can see some of these squads may be necessary on the other hand if i'm not hurting my neighbor let me do as i please on my land . further more if i as living where these people were living they had better bring in some heavy fire power because me and springfield armory ain't going to let them accross my property line

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a land grab IMHO...

It has nothing to do with being connected with the grid, and every thing to do with the future placement of an long over due airport and the surrounding area for development. Yup some in the know are going to get rich at the expence of these land owners.

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

It has nothing to do with being connected with the grid, and every thing to do with the future placement of an long over due airport and the surrounding area for development. Yup some in the know are going to get rich at the expence of these land owners.

Regards, Kirk

I'd bet a weeks pay you're are right. Typical tactics and the county lawyer is likely in on the land grab. But he knows the word Emminent Domain will fire up resistance. So they will just use code violations to peck these poor folks to death.

Where my ranch is in SW MO the power company will not hook us up unless we have a "permnanent structure" We cannot get a well untilwe get a hook up. we cannot have a well without an approved septic system. We cannot get an approved septic system without a water supply. If we do anything to meet these criteria our taxes can go up because of the "improvements."
So the two barns and the house are "portable buildings" until we are ready to "hook up."
Meanwhile we are on solar, wind, bottled gas and a Diesel Generator

I'm fine with that.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The over reach of big brother at all levels will fuel the revolution that is coming. That is part of the reason they encourage so many to live off the public dole for housing,food and and healthcare. It is all about control.:hammer:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

This. And I suspect that county commissioner is one of the ones who is going to get rich.

Just another example of how corrupt government has become at all levels.

The real shame is the police that are enforcing these things like they are the henchmen for the Sherrif of Nottingham.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
But running them off doesn't change the property ownership. Eventually they will have to buy them out.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
TinFoilHatArea.jpg
TinFoilHatArea.jpg

snowstorm

GOLD Site Supporter
yes, they would have to buy the land but eminent domain prices are alot cheaper with no structures or people to displace, not to mention if the can run the owners off they( the county) will likley get the land for nothing when it falls into tax forfet status.