• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Grandmother Arrested After Slapping Granddaughter for Cursing at Her

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When parents/grandparents cannot discipline children in their care, including simple corporal discipline, then our society is lost.
Grandmother Arrested After Slapping Granddaughter for Cursing at Her
FOXNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/0...apping-granddaughter-cursing/?test=latestnews

Theresa Collier, a 73-year-old grandmother was arrested last week for slapping her 18-year-old granddaughter who was swearing at her.

Florida -- 10Connects.com reports that Theresa Collier, a 73-year-old grandmother was arrested last week for slapping her 18-year-old granddaughter who was swearing at her.

Collier says she allowed her 18-year-old granddaughter, Felicia Collier, who had just gotten kicked out of Catholic school and is now enrolled in online classes, to use her computer to do homework. Felicia was kicked out for cursing at a nun, explained Collier.

Felicia did not want to obey her grandmother’s direction to complete her assignments.

"She kept repeating the F-word to me, about the whole family. She just went on and on and I just got so upset, I got up and slapped her across the face," she told 10 Connects, "She grabbed my wrists and I couldn't get out of it and she let one go and she punched me in the cheek here."

The unruly teenager then called the police who arrived at the house and arrested her grandmother.

"If an officer on scene finds probable cause to arrest a person, because they've committed domestic battery, then our policy is a mandatory arrest of that person," said Lt. Loux, "The discretion does not come because the victim does not want to prosecute. It doesn't come because the victim has remorse for calling police."

Felicia was in court on Wednesday for her grandmother. She signed a form to not prosecute her grandmother and to allow contact with her. However, it seems that Theresa and her husband do not want any contact with their grandchild. They are not speaking to Felicia.

Collier has to wait for her next day in court to find out if prosecutors will pursue the battery charge against her.​

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
wtf. if my kid was to curse at me in such a way, 18 or 12, you cna bet theres gonna be at least soap in the mouth, and likely a bit of a backhand

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
I think 18 years old is a little late for corporal punishment of any kind. If grandma doesn't like the f-word, then tell the woman to leave.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Where in the Hell is the Parent ??? I would be busting asses if I was Grandma. I hope that little bitch gets thrown completely out of that family . It sounds like she has a fast mouth and needs a wake up call . She is 18 years old ??? Send that little bitch packing ....

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think the real issue is that the police actually arrested the Grandmother. I think that shows the real nature of the problem. They should have told the grand daughter to leave the house and then walked away. The 18 year old is old enough to fend for herself - she needs a dose of reality.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Where in the Hell is the Parent ??? I would be busting asses if I was Grandma. I hope that little bitch gets thrown completely out of that family . It sounds like she has a fast mouth and needs a wake up call . She is 18 years old ??? Send that little bitch packing ....

Beat me to it Al! ;)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spoiled Brat. Sounds like she should have been better disciplined much much earlier in her upbringing.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think 18 years old is a little late for corporal punishment of any kind.

I don't, I think it would cure her from doing it in the presence of those implementing the punishment again ......

RobsanX

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't, I think it would cure her from doing it in the presence of those implementing the punishment again ......

In that case it was only self-serving on the grandmother's part. Therefore she should be arrested for battery.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think 18 years old is a little late for corporal punishment of any kind. If grandma doesn't like the f-word, then tell the woman to leave.

There is no respect left is there? I am 53 and I wouldn't think of ever using the F word around my grandparents, my parents nor my kids.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If I had ever used that word, or any swear word around my parents or grandparents, I'd have been put through a wall, and the same would have gone for my kids from me.

RobsanX

SUPER Site Supporter
There is no respect left is there? I am 53 and I wouldn't think of ever using the F word around my grandparents, my parents nor my kids.

I don't curse at or even around my mother. Maybe a little around my dad, but not often. I don't casually use profanity around my kids, but I will use it to convey when something is a "big effing deal!"

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

Well I have to admit I regretfully did use the F word ONCE around my parents allthough it wasn,t directed at them in disrespect , it hurt like hell all the same :w00t2:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My parents seemed pretty happy to get me out of the house at the tender age of 17. I suspect they even held some parties shortly thereafter. I think there is a little too much coddling of the youth these days.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Little late to be trying to discipline an 18 year old with an attitude. I simply wouldn't let them into my home at all. By 18 they are adults in the eyes of the law so cut them lose and let them learn on their own.

RobsanX

SUPER Site Supporter
My parents seemed pretty happy to get me out of the house at the tender age of 17. I suspect they even held some parties shortly thereafter. I think there is a little too much coddling of the youth these days.

I agree. A parent's number one job is to teach kids how to make it on their own. Then set them free.

Trakternut

I agree with JoeC. Gramma should have just chased her out of the house and cut off any support she may be giving the b*tch!

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
"She kept repeating the F-word to me, about the whole family. She just went on and on and I just got so upset, I got up and slapped her across the face," she told 10 Connects, "She grabbed my wrists and I couldn't get out of it and she let one go and she punched me in the cheek here."
quote]

GO GRANDMA... she slapped her, but the grand daughter punched the grandmother. Come on the kid should be the one that was arrested.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
quote]

GO GRANDMA... she slapped her, but the grand daughter punched the grandmother. Come on the kid should be the one that was arrested.

nah, that would make too much sense :hammer:

Red

nah, that would make too much sense :hammer:

That's E X ac tly the problem! Police are no longer allowed to use common sense. Seen it many a time where the officers would have told the calling party that other party had the right to file charges too. And you wonder why our courts are packed and why criminals are being cut outrageous plea deals.

BTW my x-brother in law was in court last week for $1300 in back child support. He lost his shorts when the Judge told'em that will get him 6 months in jail!