• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How do I get even with a deadbeat scooter rider?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
...without going to jail?

Let me preface this question. Almost 4 months ago I was sitting at a stoplight in my Acura and a moron on a "VIP" scooter (the cheapest of the cheap scooters) rammed me from behind and ripped a $750 bumper cover on my car. When I got out of the car, the guy (mid 30's and grungy looking) had gotten his scooter started again and took off through narrow alleys and people's yards. There was no plate, of course, on the scooter and I opted to not follow him through people's yards.

I called the police and they wouldn't even bother to fill out a report for my insurance company. They said "This happens all the time with these 'scooter people' and we don't waste our time filling out reports anymore". So, not only do our morons on scooters not have plates, insurance or driver's licenses but they get a free pass from the police because there are so many of them causing traffic issues that the police ignore the issue. Each week during the summer we read about where a scooter rider (generally two on each scooter) were removed from the gene pool while riding in the left lane on a busy 6 lane highway.

In Indiana, scooters are only forbidden to be on interstates. Even though they are, by law, limited to less than 2hp and cannot be designed to run faster than 25mph (unless the owner has a valid driver's license, plates the machine and carries appropriate insurance), they are allowed on all roadways other than interstate highways. Literally, on a local 6 lane state highway with a speed limit of 60 mph, with traffic running around 70 mph, there are always scooters running 20 mph in each lane. It really annoys me because besides the 2 hp and no more than 25 mph rule, it is illegal to have more than 1 passenger on one of these unlicensed scooters but I've yet to see the police do anything about the issue.

Anyway, I just saw the moron on the scooter who rammed me a few months ago. It wasn't too hard to tail him and discover where he lives. How shocking, it's in a public housing development! My question is this; how do I get this asshole back for causing over $700 damage to my car? I do not wish to do him bodily harm, but I sure would like to see his scooter unable to be used to cause further damage. Literally, you can buy a POS scooter like his new for just over $500. So, in my mind, if I ruined, or had someone ruin, his scooter I would still be money in the hole but get a little satisfaction. Any thoughts?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
try a couple of moth balls in the gas tank something like a heavy dose of they politicaly correct alcohol might meld down the guts of the carb to

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Direct route:
223 tracer round..........:shifty:

Sneaky route:
Back about 15 years ago a bud got back at his cheating girlfriend.........he got a can of the expanding foam insulation & added on about 4 feet of nylon tubing & put it in the tailpipe of her car up as far as it would go.

Emptied the whole can in there.

It was months before she finally took it to a shop who figured it out. :yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You know where he lives, so you have to get his name first. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Subscribe to a few gay magazines for him, some skinhead magazines, white supremecy magazines, sign him up for the Tea Party, pledge some money to the Republican Party and the Tea Party, etc, etc. Wouldn't take to long to flood his mailbox with this and the boys in the hood would certainly find out.

Don't send any money, just click the bill-me-later radio button. Do all this from a library computer or a store display computer.

Order cable tv, satellite tv, Uverse, etc. Call Goodwill for a pick up of all his furniture.

If you didn't mind spending a little money, you could think of all sorts of stuff to send him.

Does he have a ho at home. Call her up from a pay phone (are there any?) and yell at her for her homie screwin your ho. Demand child support.

And so on.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Why not just sue the bastard? In Ohio, if you get a judgment and they don't pay up, you can get their driver's license suspended, file a judgment lien (so they can't ever buy or sell a house without paying YOU) garnishee their paychecks and bank accounts, etc. Also, judgment interest is 10% in Ohio (I think). If you can collect, it adds up over the years.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Sue? Somebody living in public housing? Who makes more money on that- the plaintiff or the attorney, because the plaintiff gets nothing.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Sue? Somebody living in public housing? Who makes more money on that- the plaintiff or the attorney, because the plaintiff gets nothing.

Collection lawyers typically charge a 33% contingency fee.

You'd be surprised how much cash folks can come up with when they realize they can't get a driver's license without paying for the damages they caused.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
What ever happened to turning the other cheek? Demonstrating that you are the better man? An act of kindness goes a long way. Bake the guy some cookies and drop them off to him. Kindly walk away knowing you just did a good deed. (just don't let him know you laced the cookies with ex-lax):yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Why not just sue the bastard? In Ohio, if you get a judgment and they don't pay up, you can get their driver's license suspended, file a judgment lien (so they can't ever buy or sell a house without paying YOU) garnishee their paychecks and bank accounts, etc. Also, judgment interest is 10% in Ohio (I think). If you can collect, it adds up over the years.

He has no license; thus riding a scooter in his mid 30's. He has no registration nor insurance since he has zero assets to protect. This guy is the worst example of a human living freely off of society with no worries I can imagine. His POS scooter isn't worth the cost of filing a small claim law suit and that would be his only asset. You cannot have welfare, SNAP, or public housing garnished. He has nothing to lose except his $50 scooter.

With this being so common that police officers won't take the time to fill out an accident report, I cannot even file for a claim with my insurance company. There is current legislation, STRONGLY opposed by Democrats, that would at least require these scooter people to at least register the little shitmobiles and carry at least $25k of liability insurance but it will never pass. Until then, they are a bane on society.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What ever happened to turning the other cheek? Demonstrating that you are the better man? An act of kindness goes a long way. Bake the guy some cookies and drop them off to him. Kindly walk away knowing you just did a good deed. (just don't let him know you laced the cookies with ex-lax):yum:

I showed all the kindness I'll ever show him by not running over him with my car a few months ago.

Reuben Goldberg

He has no license; thus riding a scooter in his mid 30's. He has no registration nor insurance since he has zero assets to protect. This guy is the worst example of a human living freely off of society with no worries I can imagine. His POS scooter isn't worth the cost of filing a small claim law suit and that would be his only asset. You cannot have welfare, SNAP, or public housing garnished. He has nothing to lose except his $50 scooter.

With this being so common that police officers won't take the time to fill out an accident report, I cannot even file for a claim with my insurance company. There is current legislation, STRONGLY opposed by Democrats, that would at least require these scooter people to at least register the little shitmobiles and carry at least $25k of liability insurance but it will never pass. Until then, they are a bane on society.
The mere fact that the police stopped and spoke with you IS a police report. So go ahead and file with your insurer. It's part of your insurance company's job to chase this shit down. The police have a record of the stop ... but just not a formal incident report. But there IS a record. So unless you're concerned about raising rates, make your insurer do its job.

That's why we all pay hefty uninsured motorist assessments as part of our premiums. Bastards. The deadbeat that hit you, too.

Leni

Low lifes like him know people that would make your life miserable, even beat the s**t out of you. Kill your pet.

I love waybombs idea. That will humiliate him and cause all kinds of trouble for him. Even better he will have no way to figure out who did it.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The mere fact that the police stopped and spoke with you IS a police report. So go ahead and file with your insurer. It's part of your insurance company's job to chase this shit down. The police have a record of the stop ... but just not a formal incident report. But there IS a record. So unless you're concerned about raising rates, make your insurer do its job.

That's why we all pay hefty uninsured motorist assessments as part of our premiums. Bastards. The deadbeat that hit you, too.

My insurer (for now) is Geico. They don't pay shit! All they pay for is cute commercials to get more 'suckers' paying in premiums. I'm in the process of dumping everything I have with Geico over them refusing to pay for the uninsured/underinsured part of my policy I pay premiums for after I got hit head on by a drunk driver (5X over the legal limit) over a year ago and she didn't have coverage. When every attorney I speak to says "Oh, Geico, they are terrible to work with", I know I'm with the WRONG insurance company. You don't get much more clear cut than sitting at a stoplight and getting hit head on and having several people stay and give statements to the police and the drunk driver being hauled off in handcuffs.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You know where he lives, so you have to get his name first. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Subscribe to a few gay magazines for him, some skinhead magazines, white supremecy magazines, sign him up for the Tea Party, pledge some money to the Republican Party and the Tea Party, etc, etc. Wouldn't take to long to flood his mailbox with this and the boys in the hood would certainly find out.

Don't send any money, just click the bill-me-later radio button. Do all this from a library computer or a store display computer.

Order cable tv, satellite tv, Uverse, etc. Call Goodwill for a pick up of all his furniture.

If you didn't mind spending a little money, you could think of all sorts of stuff to send him.

Does he have a ho at home. Call her up from a pay phone (are there any?) and yell at her for her homie screwin your ho. Demand child support.

And so on.

Hmm, unless his name is "Brenda", his name isn't on anything... :hammer:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
jpr's idea is probably the best, and it is surely legal. However, if you want to set the guy afoot for a while, plain old white
sugar in the tank will - wait for it - tank the engine big time. :yum:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo - the simple answer is that you can't legally get even or payback. That is the whole reason that laws are written and there are police to enforce them. Sadly, very sadly wrong thinking people have over time watered down an diluted that system to the point that it is no longer effective.

If you are willing to incur some risk, many of the suggested ways should work. It seems to me that the police refusing to take action would be dereliction of duty on their part. I wouldn't go there though, they have all the sharp objects. I once saw an episode of mythbusters that seemed to debunk the mothballs / sugar ideas. A couple cups of concrete mix and a little water should be effective. The subscriptions are a great idea, don't ask how I know.

Reuben Goldberg

Some find this a favorable approach. But if I might ask, counselor, how much would Dargo need to invest in legal fees to recoup his $700?

A few of the gotcha's he could do himself with the clerk of court and/or small claims court. But the real nasty ones would likely require a lawyer.

How much would you charge to get even with the deadbeat?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

And so on.
I would just like to say that I think you are a wonderful person and I never want to make you mad :smile:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Some find this a favorable approach. But if I might ask, counselor, how much would Dargo need to invest in legal fees to recoup his $700?

A few of the gotcha's he could do himself with the clerk of court and/or small claims court. But the real nasty ones would likely require a lawyer.

How much would you charge to get even with the deadbeat?

I wouldn't charge anything because I don't do collection work.:wink: Anyone can handle this kinda collection stuff on their own. The only legal expense would therefore be filing fees.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't charge anything because I don't do collection work.:wink: Anyone can handle this kinda collection stuff on their own. The only legal expense would therefore be filing fees.

As you can see, I'm really taking the vicious approach...
They just made a request to start receiving all the LGBT information as well.

IMHO, I have about a zero percent chance of even recovering the filing fee amount. Besides, you know these sort of people NEVER show up for court dates anyway and I needn't waste my time making trips to our courthouse.

Leni

I'd be afraid that someone would see me and tell the able henry. That would have the potential of escalating into a very bad situation.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
He has no license; thus riding a scooter in his mid 30's. He has no registration nor insurance since he has zero assets to protect. This guy is the worst example of a human living freely off of society with no worries I can imagine. Until then, they are a bane on society.

So you saying Obama ran into you ??:unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If he is married ,A dozen roses sent to him saying .

" You were incredible "!
" Anytime . Anywhere . Any place !!"

If he is married . there will be hell to pay when his wife sees the roses :whistling:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
If he is married ,A dozen roses sent to him saying .

" You were incredible "!
" Anytime . Anywhere . Any place !!"

If he is married . there will be hell to pay when his wife sees the roses :whistling:

A few dollars spent week worth it.

Try to find some local glbt local hangouts and sign up for the latest news.

It would be best if you could get his name. That opens the floodgates.

We could all help in your endeavors