• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Here's a rave for you

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I had the opposite ending that Dargo did with his Ridgid shop vac at Home Depot, I figured I'd post my success at a Black Friday deal at Lowes.

They had some great sales going on starting at 6:00 AM. I have 2 gift cards that I've carried in and back out of there a dozen times. They advertised Mag Lite 2D and 3D LED flashlights for about half off ($14.97) and a Werner Work Platform for about 60% off ($19.00). I had to stick around the house (wife was already out shopping) for USPS to pick up a Priority package. The mail lady "always" arrives between 9:30 and 10:30. So if I get out of here at around 10:00 or so I should be okay. She finally showed up at 12:00.

I get to Lowes and they still had hundreds of the 2D flashlights and 3 of the 3D units. I snagged a 3D one. The Werner work platform, they had maybe 50-60 left. I got one of those too.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a drill press at TSC, nuttin fancy, $40 dollars off. I checked it out Friday in Newark, OH (they had 4) and purchased one after the drive home in the big K in PA (they had 3) ................. :whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to TSC too. I got a rechargeable 20 million candle power light for 50% off. Now I can headlight deer all over the county from my house. :biggrin: I also got a Big Buddy propane heater. It wasn't much of a deal, only $20 off, but I "needed" it. I picked up an electric wall mount heater for the shop too. Again, it wasn't much of a deal, only $20 off, but it works great. I should be able to get that shop toasty this winter.

That was the extent of my week-end shopping.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to TSC and got 5 of the rubber stall mats and 3 bags of Pedigree dog food. Got a jug of bar oil while standing in line. Wife grabbed a few little things that were marked down 50%.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to TSC too. I got a rechargeable 20 million candle power light for 50% off. Now I can headlight deer all over the county from my house. :biggrin: I also got a Big Buddy propane heater. It wasn't much of a deal, only $20 off, but I "needed" it. I picked up an electric wall mount heater for the shop too. Again, it wasn't much of a deal, only $20 off, but it works great. I should be able to get that shop toasty this winter.

That was the extent of my week-end shopping.

Can you share the details on the wall mount heater Frank ? I really need to something different in the garage I work out of the most as I have it airtite now & am a lil worryed about using my torpedo as much this winter . :unsure:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
+1 on the wall mount heater. I am heating the garage with a salamander. I have a 100K gas forced air furnace and DW has nixed installing that.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wen to Lowe's yesterday for some drywall screws.

They had some 4' shelving that I'll be needing soon marked down to $49 from $73 so I picked up 5 of those.

At the end of that same isle, there was a display of batteries (AAA, AA, 9v...) which had a pack of batteries for $10 but there's a $10 Lowe's gift card inside. So, I ended up getting over 100 new Energizer batteries for FREE. :)