• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Night time Snow Trac ride ~ can't see a darn thing!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was snowing too hard to see much. We did drive down along the river in one of the neighboring farms and ran across a herd of white tail deer. Marcia spotted their eyes glowing in the distance when the lights swept past them but I didn't see them. I turned and drove about a hundred yards and there they were, maybe 8 of them, playing in the snow and looking at us.

The 3 Snow Trac photos are taken in the driveway, just after I finished clearing it for the 3rd time today.

Oh, and I filled up with gas before we went out :hammer: The footprints in the snow are inside the back yard between my shop and the house. Misha loves playing out in the snow, but the only way to get Snowball off the back patio is to carry him out into the yard.

We are supposed to get about 4 more inches tonight, the big question is the lake effect. It is possible we could get an additional dumped on overnight or may get very little, we are not under a blizzard warning yet, that starts at 9pm CST.

Attachments

• *2.jpg
    *2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 310
  • *4.jpg
    *4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 304
  • *5.jpg
    *5.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 296
  • *8.jpg
    *8.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 300
  • *9.jpg
    *9.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 296
  • *6.jpg
    *6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 297

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

Are you saying you can't see a darn thing when driving? If so, is it due to those lights on top being turned on? I can't have overhead lights on during snow or fog as it totally ruins your vision.

How does Snowball do if you throw him in a tad bit deeper snow?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, the overhead lights were on for the purpose of the photo, the driving lights were on while driving but it was still very hard to see.

As for Snowball, toss him in a drift and he just gets mad at you.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i don't like the over head kc lights either but when busting heavy snow the snow on the fenders cover up the head lights and thats worse than kc lights

benz9

Awesome pics, sounds like that snow is gonna hit us this weekend, but dumped most of it on it's way up. 6-10 cm is not a lot of snow (that's the forecast) but here, about 50km outside the city limits, there's always about twice as much...I'm hopeful I may have some snow to plow this weekend:clap:.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Tell Misha that Timba loves the snow too and inform Snowball that he is a wimp!!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yep, I have met him and sent him a vest to keep him warm on winter days, still think he's a wimp - big time!!!

benz9

I'm a happy camper today. Weather man was actually right about the snow for once...:clap:It's a nice warm day, floating around 0 celcius. Flushed the diff oil and put some new stuff in, did a bit of maintenance on the engine (that's why the panels are open) and went for a little ride...:brows:

Attachments

• DSCF2793.jpg
    DSCF2793.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 152