• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cause of Gray Hair Discovered!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Attention parents: It's not your kids that are making you go gray. Your hair is simply building up too much hydrogen peroxide. Bottle-blondes may be a fan, but hydrogen peroxide, which is produced naturally in the human body, interferes with melanin, the pigment that colors our hair and skin.
The body also produces the enzyme catalase, which breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen. Or at least it does for a while. As we age, catalase production tails off, leaving nothing to transform the hydrogen peroxide into chemicals the body can release.

CONTINUED:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29468796/

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Attention parents: It's not your kids that are making you go gray. Your hair is simply building up too much hydrogen peroxide. Bottle-blondes may be a fan, but hydrogen peroxide, which is produced naturally in the human body, interferes with melanin, the pigment that colors our hair and skin.
The body also produces the enzyme catalase, which breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen. Or at least it does for a while. As we age, catalase production tails off, leaving nothing to transform the hydrogen peroxide into chemicals the body can release.

CONTINUED:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29468796/

ok smart a$$, can you explain why I am gray AND balding..........which I have been for the last 30 years..........

sush, you make my day, thought I would get in a side poke.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I read that the other day. Now tell me why my dad only has a few gray hairs, he's in his mid 60's, and I have no gray and I'm in my...um..I guess almost upper 40's. And, no, the answer isn't "Just For Men". :biggrin:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I have always seen Grey hair as a sign of maturing.......looks dignified.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My personal theory on your hair.

What happens to the hair on top of your head is due to your job. What happens on the sides is from your family.

Think about the hair on those you know and see if it fits.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My personal theory on your hair.

What happens to the hair on top of your head is due to your job. What happens on the sides is from your family.

Think about the hair on those you know and see if it fits.

what about pubic hair....could the same be applied :yum::yum::yum:

ncroamer65

And all this time I thought it was that spring my ancesters splash
thrught on their way up thrugh Florida. :whistling::w00t2:
At 65 just the side burns :clap: