• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wind shield wipers ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I need a new set . I want the style that is enclosed rubber for snow country . I go to Auto Zone . The wipers are all about $20 + bucks a piece . I tell the guy I do not need the new truck with it just the damn wiper . He thinks that is funny ...... I don't:sad:. Anyway he finally says they have a brand that is changing and the wipers are $8 a piece . I ask about the warranty and the clerk says "maybe" 90 days .:unsure: Then I ask what the warranty is on the $20 wiper . Again he says " Maybe 90 days " WTF !!! This is a no brainer to me . I buy 2 of the $8 ones . They work so well I go back to buy all that fit my truck .. They are sold out ... Just my luck ...:sad::doh:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, I always have sticker shock when I buy wipers. I don't think the super silicone impregnated fancy shmancy ones are worth the extra cash.

I have been pretty happy with the Rain-X Wiper Fluid I bought recently. It does seem to keep the water beading off and the wipers running soother.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought the rubber encased ones for my truck and suburban at NAPA and they were not cheap. They work good for about 3-4 years but now they are getting tears in the rubber cover. They do help keep frozen slush from hanging on them. Just bought an $8 one for the backhoe today at Autozone.