• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1201-41 thiokol spryte

i was just wondering what this rig weights it has the oc 12 its a 2 person cab, i would weight it myself but there isnt a scale i can get on up here in northern minnesota...just a rough guess would be great....

thanks dan

scooterd

The shipping wieght is 5430 LBS. The gross vehicle wt. is 6930 LBS.

I may have my tracks for sale. PM me. I see you're looking for some extra grousers.

the top speed of my spryte is 15 mph is that about normal with the 45 inch tracks???

and if i go down the the 32 inch track will i gain more top end speed???

thanks dan

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Most likely not. The rear end gearing is the determining factor for top speed. If you are maxing out your engine rpm now it will just most likey max out the engine rpm faster with narrower track.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I would not advise that type of speed in a 1202. It can be done. Not advised but..... All you need is to install a second transmission reversed behind the primary trans.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK then this is how it works. You said you have an OC12. Thats great it can take the "potential" extra torque. An OC4 cannot. You simply will need to experiment which gear you will shift the secondary trans into to achieve the desired speed. It will most likely just stay in this gear. It will change the ration of every gear you shift into. This of course will be determined on the gear ratios of the manual trans you choose. What ever transmission you choose make sure it is a strong transmission. Most of the Sprytes uesd a NP435. This is a bullet proof transmission.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
If your talking about running at speed all the time I would have them Poly filled. On a hard pack trail your ride will be rougher. If you have a flat at speed you will detrack and most likely break allot of components.

i have another question here i have a 75 ford pick-up with a 300 six and a manual 3 speed with overdrive... will i have much problem fitting that in my spryte thathas the 200 six with four speed or would i be better of going with a c-4 auto???????