• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to me something or other Tucker???

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The 5th wheels are definitely steel ! i will check the engine number this afternoon ,i went and got 4 ford ranger tires and rims this morning going to put them on, to make her mobile.:biggrin: I'm hoping i never break any of those springs with the hump in them.

We have a '54 and it has the aluminum 5th wheels, so '54 is the first year with aluminum. I have had the hump springs made locally, and had no static from the spring makers.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I looked on the engine block and there are no numbers stamped in it, the only numbers are on a Chrysler replacement tag down by the oil pump, I will get them,also theres a whole lot of miles on the odometer i'll check them also. The guy i bought it off only said northern Adirondacks.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup. 53 was the first year they started cutting the backs off the sedan models Confirmed by my MT Washington cat. Also my 53 has no adjusters on the pontoons but then again it has no tracks and pontoons either.

Cool addition to the Tucker cache! 250 mile round trip must have put it right on the vt ny border?

That heater looks unique. Addition or factory?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, Fairhaven!:biggrin: Do you remember the s/n of the Mt. Washington machine? was wondering how close they were.I just went and checked your old post,this one is 2 serial numbers newer !

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will get it shortly for comparison.

Just missed out on a 1950 443 I already tried to buy in life when it was in Eliot, ME. It ended up CT and for sale again. It just moved up to Waterbury VT to it's new home.

Hope nobody band Tucker immigration next year!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the serial:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 187

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
That 1950 443 went to Waterbury Conn,not Vermont:smile: yup one machine between ours. The pontoons on my new machine were all beat to hell,checking the odometer it said 27,505.4 miles,using the2.33 formula it had run 11,804 miles.Thats a helova lot of miles on north east snow !!!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
interesting. Hope it shows back up on the thread in a good home. I couldn't make the deal twice so far.

Looking forward you firing up the new rig real soon!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I may start it up ,but doubt it will be snow worthy this year, lots of pontoon work to do on it.Im still working on my pole shed out back to get most of the toys under cover.Heres as far as i have gotten on the building.

original.jpg

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Must be something in the orange Kool-Aid, we are doing a shed too. Logah, you and I went to different schools together.

Attachments

• DSCN3076.jpg
    DSCN3076.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN3051.jpg
    DSCN3051.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 325

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Scott, mine is just an equipment shed, yours is a Tucker hall of fame .:biggrin::biggrin: Great looking building,im doing the economy version:smile:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
there is no 153293, and the one you missed is a 1951

OK, I'll bite.:cool::biggrin: Any thoughts on why they would skip a number during the same model year / production run?

(I know- if each side of the same cat aren't the same, why should serial numbers be any different . . .):whistling:

And are you sure about the '51? Positive? As in it is already under a tarp being hustled back to the other side of the Mississippi? :yum::yum: Keeping a hand on the pulse of all things Tucker!:clap:

undy

Nice construction! I assume those floor joists are mortised into the beams?? Very cool!

There's no timber like BIG TIMBER. Thanks for the pics.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
If there is no 153293 machine and the 153292 machine has the rounded nose with horizontal bars, then is the one i just got the 153294 machine the 1st with the rounded nose and vertical square bars ???

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Level two stores the Tucker off the shelf parts. Tracks toons and rear ends ready for a hot swap!

Since the Tucker is from the fifties it should at least have white wall tires and maybe some fins.

Yes Davenet, the 51 is still on the east coast. I'm pretty sure it will come visit us in Central N.H. after is has had a little work done to it.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
At least it didn't end up in Virginia which is where it was headed if nobody bought it. Looking forward to seeing it again.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
If there is no 153293 machine and the 153292 machine has the rounded nose with horizontal bars, then is the one i just got the 153294 machine the 1st with the rounded nose and vertical square bars ???

mr loggah, sir, machine 153285, has horizontal bars also, only thing i can say, it is tucker and machines seemed to have been given their serial numbers as they were sold not when they were built

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice construction! I assume those floor joists are mortised into the beams?? Very cool!

There's no timber like BIG TIMBER. Thanks for the pics.

You got it Mr undy. Princess is the notcho queen.

Mr. loggah, this is our version of the econo shed. The logs are from last winter's big wind stom and some trees that just died. The sawyer works for meals and board, so no expense there. No nails for joists.

Attachments

• DSCN3029.jpg
    DSCN3029.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN3031.jpg
    DSCN3031.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 212

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Ah,so no real rhyme nor reason on the grill and s/n sequence.:biggrin: thats a really nice sawmill shed and lt 40 woodmizer. I got the economy model sawmill that i saw out my lumber with. Steel frame Belsaw powerd by Massey-ferguson industrial 30,i just like to hear that circular saw wine !!!

original.jpg

original.jpg

I left the ends of the mill open so we could load the carriage,and take off timbers with the log loader.:wink:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah,so no real rhyme nor reason on the grill and s/n sequence.:biggrin: thats a really nice sawmill shed and lt 40 woodmizer. I got the economy model sawmill that i saw out my lumber with. Steel frame Belsaw powerd by Massey-ferguson industrial 30,i just like to hear that circular saw wine !!!

I left the ends of the mill open so we could load the carriage,and take off timbers with the log loader.:wink:

I prefer the look of the circle saw marks on the beams so we have to go back and scribe them by hand:biggrin: The shed over the mill has posts down the center so that you don't have to fight to get logs in and beams out with the forklift. Both sides cantilevered out.

Attachments

• Sawmill 4.jpg
    Sawmill 4.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Sawmill 14.jpg
    Sawmill 14.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely gorgeous!

I really enjoy seeing big timbers or logs beautifully crafted by someone who knows how to do it and takes their time. That type of workmanship needs to be showcased. It's too pretty to hide.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
harley brake rotors and old chainsaw bars, perfect shim stock !!!! If i had a free standing roof like that someone would knock it over on me !!!:wink:I like the circular saw myself,but it makes a bunch of sawdust !! and rolling logs on the carriage is a bit of exercise.:biggrin: Scott, what you treat your beams with where you put them in the ground? i see you also wrapped them.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys might find this company interesting I used to build sawmills for some of the big company's we used some of this equipment for material handling if nothing else get some ideas from it good company. circle saws and double cut bands computer controlled set works etc. etc. 20-100,000 Board feet a day

http://www.mellottmfg.com/m

This page has a lot of good info and drawings

http://www.mellottmfg.com/m/part/8

Last edited: