• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It's motorcycle season, be careful!

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
There's already been a rash of motorcycle deaths and injuries here in Harley country. Please be careful!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, a reminder never hurts. We had one here where an older lady backed out directly in front of a rider on a State Route where the speed limit was 55mph. She should not have been backing out on that road to start with but she did it so close to the motorcycle there was nothing he could do. DOA.

Trakternut

4 deaths in ND this weekend. One motorcyclist was killed when he flipped it into the ditch. Reports of alcohol being a factor there.
Husband and wife died on their bike when a pickup ran a stop sign on a rural county road.
Kid on a mini bike killed, but don't know the circumstances there.
Motorists should be aware of motorcycles, but, as a former rider, myself, I made it a practice to assume that the car didn't see me and took measures to be able to avoid cars if they DID do something stupid.
The responsibility lies with all parties involved, no matter who has the right of way.

Ironman

Reports of alcohol being a factor there.
I wonder how many people will die this season because of drinking and riding. The only way I would allow myself to have a motorcycle is if I stopped drinking booze. Bar hopping is a big thing around here, not just the Harley folks either. So if your going to drink and hop on a bike - go alone and take the back roads so you don't take anyone else out.

Very Graphic

dzalphakilo

Banned
I wonder how many people will die this season because of drinking and riding. The only way I would allow myself to have a motorcycle is if I stopped drinking booze. Bar hopping is a big thing around here, not just the Harley folks either. So if your going to drink and hop on a bike - go alone and take the back roads so you don't take anyone else out.

Very Graphic

You don't have to drink and drive to be killed on a bike easy.

Too many idiots driving cars.

Ironman

You don't have to drink and drive to be killed on a bike easy.

Too many idiots driving cars.
True. When I pull out of the driveway I ride like everyone in a cage is out to kill me. And some of them can be very sneaky about it... Bastards!

I've made eye contact with people at intersections and that seems to help a little bit. Scan the road 12 seconds ahead of your path and assume the worst.

mak2

I ride a bicycle to work a lot of days, 15 miles each way and in city traffic. In the city it aint too bad, out in the burbs people actually try to push me off the road. Wacth for all us 2 wheelers.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I ride a bicycle to work a lot of days, 15 miles each way and in city traffic. In the city it aint too bad, out in the burbs people actually try to push me off the road. Wacth for all us 2 wheelers.
Take that damn "I voted for Obama" sticker off of your fender, and you'll probably be much safer. Contrary to the opinion of the left, not everyone likes Obama.:whistling:

mak2

Take that damn "I voted for Obama" sticker off of your fender, and you'll probably be much safer. Contrary to the opinion of the left, not everyone likes Obama.:whistling:

Thanks man, I wondered what the problem was. :unsure:

dzalphakilo

Banned
Anyone know what the weight limit is for a moped?

You had to see this guy and gal going up a hill.

IMG00007-20100401-1417.jpg

Scan the road 12 seconds ahead of your path and assume the worst.

Got to the point where it seemed they waited until you were 10' away from the intersection even when you were watching out for them. Then on the rural roads you always had young go speed racers who liked to be in the other lane coming around tight corners. Something to be said for off road biking.