• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Affiliate marketing

kenbob

Has anyone else dabbled with affiliate marketing? I've started developing some web sites geared toward the eBay affiliate program. eBay pays 50% of the commissions they take on any sales, if the buyer comes to eBay by way of your web site. That's pretty good, compared to some of the other affiliate programs I've seen so far. I'm no expert yet, though, by any means -- just getting started. So the trick, of course, is drawing enough traffic to your affiliate web site, by providing interesting content or something that ranks well with the search engines.

I've found that search engines and most web directories are generally not kind to affiliate web sites, because most of them provide no added value or unique content and they can look too spammy if not done right. So maybe the trick is to make the affiliate web site not look like an affiliate web site, by again providing interesting useful content as the main attraction and having the affiliate links more in the background or incidental rather than the main focus.
Easier said than done I guess! Unless you choose a subject matter that you're really interested in and know a lot about - then it's a lot easier to write about.

Anyway, any thoughts or experiences with affiliate marketing out there?